2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

Rumor is JEF will exit B&B in the early fall and return to Y&R as a scriptwriter on a full time basis. Nothing official has been released yet. They're probably still working out the contract details. It's a case of a scriptwriter "getting" one show (Y&R), but not "getting" the other (B&B).

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Anyway... Am I to believe that with the Pratt-written material's first airdate fastly approaching... there's been NOTHING new with the writing staff over the last month and a half he's been at the helm? Tracey Thomson -- that's it? Why is ABC continuing to paint the house a new color, yet keeping the same lame ass crusty furniture inside? :unsure:

• Members

Hadn't Snyder been just a writer for some time? I thought it was sometime last year when they stopped listing her as a story consultant in the credits, replacing her with Janice Ferri Esser in that role. They used to show the story consultants in the credits every day before the strike, but since the writing staff returned after the strike, they've only listed the story consultants with the full closing credits, with Jerry Birn being listed solo in that role for the last month.

• Members

Snyder writes outlines, often six per week. Alden puts in her two cents after Snyder is done. ES is probably one of the most underrated and underappreciated writers in daytime. As for Ferri Esser, she's been a story consultant in name only. She managed to get the title when she signed on to B&B, but she never contributed much in terms of story, if anything. Her storytelling style didn't match Bradley's, and he used her very little in that capacity.

Weird conjecture. Why would you assume he could be a lawyer?

• Members

How is this related to Y&R or B&B? ;)

Have you read Pratt's SOD online interview? He says that it's not his job to tell the writers what to write, but to free them up to write whatever they want to write about. Ummm sorry Chuckles but it is your job to tell the writers what to write! How much $$$ does this guy get to sit back and do nothing?

So nothing is going to change because I'm sure B&E let the staff writers do everything as well... while they toddled off to the pub. And they at least had some competent staff writers (Demorest, Patrick...Beall)

Anyways Pratt claims he is going to bring on new young writers but clearly he doesn't see it as urgent since he is taking his sweet time.

I'm wondering if we might get the staff writers from Nightshift (so far Yolanda Lawrence, Tamar Laddy,... and Tracey Thompson wrote the most recent episode) when they are done their work there. Didn't Kate Hall write an episode of Nightshift last season before popping up on AMC?

• Members

Since you mentioned Alden putting her two cents into the outlines, has that always been the case since Kay joined the show last year? Or is that just something that Alden does since she was recently named co-HW? I'm just curious about how the flow has changed with Alden going from AHW to co-HW.

And am I correct in guessing that Bradley had to wait for a contract cycle to end to strip her of the story consultant title? I seem to remember it being summer 2007 when Ferri Esser's name first appeared in the B&B credits, so I'm thinking from what you said that Brad didn't use her much in that capacity, but she still had to be listed in the role regardless until the recent episodes last month.

Archived