2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

They check for continuity, dialogue errors, and if characters are speaking out of character, or if a certain word is used that the network doesn't want used. Stuff like that. It's dialogue editing basically.

For Natalie, I meant maybe she helps review the outlines (breakdowns) and checks for errors there. I also think she writes outlines as AHW.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Marla Kanelos wrote today's US episode breakdown because she was listed. There was nobody underneath her so I think Jeff/Cherie wrote the script.

I heard Jeff/Cherie were the SE and then Beth took over.

I don't think Hamner writes breakdowns. His position is whatever Thom Racina said.

Whenever there's just the script writer listed, I think that's Natalie's breakdowns.

• Members

Don't get me wrong. I adore and respect Patrick Mulcahey as a writer. Nonetheless? There's something really "Blue Oyster Bar" about that photo, lol.

• Members

I noticed in B&B's full credits on Monday that Esser was not listed as a story consultant. Just Jerry Birn was listed in that role. B&B used to list the story consultants every day in the credits before the strike, but they haven't since the full writing team has been back, so there's no way to say when Esser ended her stint as story consultant from the credits. I think she's been listed as a script writer a few times recently, including Wednesday's show. But it's not like B&B needs her as a scriptwriter at the moment, since they have enough people - Jack Smith, Patrick Mulcahey, Tracey Ann Kelly - writing scripts at the moment if she were to leave.

Whether that's a sign that a move back to Y&R is in her future, only TPTB at both shows know for sure.

• Members

Oh, Slyph Sylph. You set me up for a joke, but I'm not going to make it -- for fear of a deranged psycho supercouple fanatic coming out of the woodwork and making it all about themselves.

But anyway, just curious: You know why I loathe -- I'm sorry -- why I pathetically hate Beall. What's wrong with Jerri Fesser, in your view? :unsure: I'm not familiar with any of these people... and since they seem to be dominating this thread, I might as well learn a little bit of something -- and since we both enjoy the scriptwriting team of GH, it shows we have somewhat similar taste.

Archived