Y&R: TV Guide rant: "Be Kind, Rewind"

• Members

Hee! Saw this in the new tv guide:

Be Kind, Rewind

Can't we go back to the way things were on the Young and the Restless? Please, we're begging ya, CBS! Under it's late, great creator Bill Bell, this hallmark soap was hypnotic, elegant, so romantic it made it made you woozy and often so emotionally powerful it felt like it was hitting you way down in your DNA.

Not anymore. Under headwriter-executive producer Lynn Marie Latham---who seems to have a weird need to mess with success--Y&R is FUBAR and limped through 2007 a sad, hollow, boring, pointless show. The big questions: Why would the suits at CBS allow this to happen? And what are they going to do about it?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hopefully, Y&R will get a new EP and HW in 2008, things can only getting better with new management (or so I hope!). Maybe this is indeed an under the carpet sign change is on its way at Y&R, and no I don't mean Josh Griffith and Maria Arena Bell, I mean along the lines of something more permanent.

I hope the idiots at Sony, CBS, and Bell see this...

• Members

I doubt he'll continue as Head Writer, being FiCore and writing for Y&R would exclude them from WGA Awards and possibly lead to an industry backlash, so I don't see that happening. If Sony/Bell hires a new Executive Producer, they could possibly get rid of him or Josh could leave on his own. I recall an interview with Josh from a year ago when he claimed to have many non-Y&R related projects in the works, so it's possible he could leave to pursue those, though being FiCore doesn't give him many options in the Hollywood entertainment industry.

It could be a pretty interesting year for Y&R especially.

• Members

From their lips to CBS' ears. 2007 truly sucked on this once great show. They need a head writer with a little imagination and one that will write stories for the characters they have instead of bringing in 'pretty faces' and slapping them in our faces every day. I also hope for one that will stop the character assassinations that have been done the last two years. Maybe have someone wake up and realize it's all been a very bad dream. LOL...

Archived