AMC: ABC Press Release On The Three Returns

• Members

A MYSTERIOUS ILLNESS AND REUNITED LOVERS TAKE CENTER STAGE WHEN THREE MONUMENTAL STARS RETURN TO ABC'S "ALL MY CHILDREN"

Rebecca Budig Returns as Greenlee Smythe Lavery, and Debbi Morgan and Darnell Williams Return as Super-Couple Angie & Jesse

Three fan favorites return to ABC's "All My Children" in January when a mysterious illness reunites lovers and when Rebecca Budig returns as Greenlee Smythe Lavery, the role she created in 1999. Daytime Emmy Award winners Debbi Morgan and Darnell Williams return as Angie and Jesse Hubbard, one of daytime television's most beloved super-couples. The announcement was made today by Brian Frons, president, Daytime, Disney-ABC Television Group.

Ms. Budig first appears as Greenlee on Wednesday, January 16. Greenlee and Kendall (Alicia Minshew) are back at Fusion and better than ever. These powerful women, whose friendship survived a custody battle and an attempted kidnapping, are about to take on new and exciting ventures at their cosmetics company, Fusion. While Greenlee continues to reconnect with Aidan (Aiden Turner) and Ryan (Cameron Mathison) and build on those relationships, she is suddenly stricken down by a mysterious illness. Meanwhile, Ms. Morgan's first episode as Angie will air on Friday, January 18 and will bring her back to Pine Valley Hospital to consult on a medical mystery that's killing Greenlee and a secret patient. Times of crises often bring loved ones together, and this case will bring about the most shocking reunion of all time: After 20 years, Angie will reunite with Jesse when Mr. Williams makes makes his first appearance on Friday, January 25.

On December 25, ABC will also air a classic "All My Children" episode featuring Greenlee (Budig) and Ryan's (Mathison) wedding which is disrupted by Kendall (Minshew), who ultimately pushes Greenlee into the pool.

"This is our own version of a triple-threat. We are giving the fans what they've been asking for - Rebecca returns as Greenlee and a beloved super-couple have a second chance," said Frons. "Fans can look forward to Greenlee's storyline developing around her business, her friendships and her love life. Angie and Jesse made an eternal imprint on 'All My Children' viewers, and many fans will not believe he's alive. We will continue to build upon the history of this core family and rekindle what made them a super-couple."

Ms. Budig originally played the role of Greenlee from 1999-2005. The role garnered her two Daytime Emmy Award nominations, making her one of the most popular characters and actresses in daytime. Ms. Morgan originated the role of Angie Hubbard Foster 1982. Her role garnered her a Daytime Emmy-Award and an NAACP Image Award. Mr. Williams originated the role of Jesse in 1981. That role earned him two Daytime Emmy Awards.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really hope the writing can back this up. I can't pass up Debbi Morgan or Darnell after their fabulous stints on B&B and GL. Hell, I think it's INSANE that Y&R didn't pick her up after her B&B stint. I wonder who the two will be friends with and that sort! Should be interesting.

As for Budig, it'll be nice having a good actress as Greenlee. The character is almost as poorly written as Carly on ATWT, so hopefully the writers are kind to Budig.

Archived