ATWT: Andy Dixon Recast?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it's horrible the way Scott was treated, especially since he remains very popular with the fans. Why didn't they like him? I recall reading he wasn't hunky enough, but I thought he was good looking, a good actor and perfect for the role.

This recast will be yet another new character with a familar name. Lets hope he's better than nuChris, although that won't be too difficult. Charity Rahmer is better than nuChris.

• Members

I'd rather see Scott De Freitas back for a short visit instead of letting a new guy play Andy for an extended period. Even if they found a "hunkier" actor, they'd probably subject Andy to the character assassination that almost every recasted part has suffered on Goutman's watch.

• Members

Sorry, the link should be working now...the actor's name is Michael McLafferty. It's sad that they treated Scott DeFreitas so badly. He was one of the best young actors on soaps. I think he's way too earthy, complicated, and VULNERABLE an actor to fit into the blank-slate, leading man soap mold. Word is he wouldn't even want to come back at this point.

• Members

I liked Michael McLafferty from his short stint on GH. however, he looks more suitable for a Dusty re-cast to me. He might be good as Andy, I don't know. I'd rather see Scott DeFreitas back or someone who looked more similiar to Scott. As long as ATWT doesn't radically change Andy's personality, a recast may work. It may be DeFreitas's decision not to return since he's now in real-estate and he's enjoying that.

Archived