Y&R/Knots Landing: Joan Van Ark today

• Members

I feel bad for her. By the time someone hits 60 they need to accept that they aren't going to look 40 anymore. I think Hollywood makes that so hard for people. Looking 60 isn't a crime or at least it shouldn't be. There comes a time when people need to accept aging gracefully.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In my (rather informed) opinion Joan Van Ark had a Jessner, TCA or Phenol Peel which range from medium to deep and offer impressive results. What's happened to her skin is called hypopigmentation in which all the pigment disappears and the skin becomes wildly lighter. It will take months for her skin to regain the pigment that it once had and even then it isn't guaranteed. The good news for Ms Van Ark is that her skin has improved and will likely continue to do so. What she needs to do is stay out of the sun, stay at home, eat really well and think a few kind thoughts. What I think really throws everyone off is her lips which don't look good at all and are really quite poorly done. I can't tell what the filler is...but whatever she's used she really needs to stop. And the lip gloss isn't flattering. Nor the leopard print.

• Members

I think Joan might have the problem Michael Jackson does with not feeling beautiful no matter what. It's a shame, she's had various good faces through the years. I wish she had stopped around the time of Y&R.

She did look good in her Christmas message on her website, but obviously things have changed. Her lips are the worst feature.

• Members

That is certainly part of why those women look good. They started early before they actually really needed it and have been able to get by with little tweaks every 5 or 10 years. Loren especially, aside from Joan Collins she's one of the absolute best. The other issue with JVA is the kind of procedures she's had, some were too severe (like her nose) and the recent chemical peel. Perhaps she's body dysmorphic, nobody will really ever know that.

Archived