NEW HOME FOR DAYS

• Members
Hahahaha. Ohh you must be from another planet. Do you really think The CW would cancel Smallville, Supernatural, ANTM and all their beloved (but so stupid) comedy-drama shows for DAYS?! OTH doesn't even have a full season next year. So what would they do with the rest of the nights since DAYS is a daytime show and OTH is a primetime show (which means one show per week)?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

the problem with days going on is this. it HAS HAS HAS to cut its costs down, by a lot. The budgett would be slashed, and Days would have to cut cast, major. yes im sure the recurring sorrority girls/nick/chelsea/stephanie/max/etc... would free up SOME, but not a lot. They would HAVE to let a lot of vets go. they would also need to cut a lot of others. crew would ned to be cut, everything.

but IF days did that fans would just bitch.

• Members

They have a full 22 season episode planned. This has been confirmed by the CW network, i get all my spoilers and news from othforums.com and they are always right.

If the stupid strike is settled by November 26 when they go back in and talk. Mark Scwann, the creater of one tree hill, can continue writing the show. They have 10 more episodes if the strike is over, right now as of the strike they have 12 episodes produced.

Chad Michael Murray who plays Lucas Scott also stated that One tree hill is scheduled for 22 episodes. THIS STRIKE BETTER BE OVER BY JAN 8, 2008 BECAUSE I WANT MY 22 EPISODES NOT 12.

22 EPISODES MEAN A BETTER CHANCE AT A REUNION OF BRUCAS.

• Members

You're missing the point. No one wants DAYS to go, but at its present status in the daytime lineup shows, if it were to replace any other current show the backlash would be deadly.

Personally I would boycott any network that cancelled or cut back another soap to make room for a bottom dweller like DAYS.

Now, if they could do it without affecting another show, that's a whole different story.

• Members

All I will say is Days will find a home somewhere. There will be changes, although with Ed aboard I am confident they will be better ones then what would've been made if Wyman was there. Sony does not want the show to die. It will be somewhere and I think alot of people are writing off Fox, CW, CBS, ABC, and Soapnet a little too quickly.

Days is one of the big 3 soaps and has a wide fanbase. It's one of the most popular shows of the past 20 years and, believe it or not, I think some execs out there believe that the show is in better shape then it looks but that NBC is hindering any progress. The fact that the ratings system is still flawed in many ways could play in here too. Days still does well in demos and continues to improve there so that may cause execs to pay attention as well. All the soaps are down and part of me thinks a network out there will think they can stick it on in a better situation and do much better then show is on NBC. With the ratings they way they are, if Days gets network support and a much better time slot situation along with the improving quality, it could easily jump to 3rd in the ratings.

It will be somewhere. Mark my words.

Archived