GREAT news classic soap fans!

• Members

Kim Zimmer,Alec Baldwin and Armand Assante were among many familiar names that were part of The Doctors.There is one episode from 79 on YouTube.

Headwriters included Doug Marland,Richard and Suzanne Holland and Harding Lemay.

I wonder if there is any market beyond soap enthusiasts for the show.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've found two episodes, I think, on YouTube. There could possibly be more. WashesWhiter posted two, that's for certain. One of them begins with a scene with Carolee in bed having a nightmare...and it has a late 70s opening that I'd never seen before. The other one has, I think, Matt and Greta.

I truly hope there's a market for it. I think some networks just dont get how to rerun soaps. TVLand reran "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman" back in 2002, but they only aired four episodes a week, and the episodes aired in hour-long blocks on Friday and Saturday. They just didn't get the importance of airing the episodes daily...and I hope whoever gets DOC realizes that. If they start with episodes from the late 1960s or early 1970s, that's the best that the show has to offer, and I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to tune in to it. I wonder if the early 70s stuff is in kinescope form or the actual color episodes...

• 7 months later...
  • Members

I admit this kinda worries me. Doctors is one of the soaps I bet there's the least interest in--and if this bombs as bad as it might, then other studios will prob use it as an excuse as to why they won't release any of their soaps on DVD... Maybe it'll be mail order only - I knwo the Aussie prison soap Cell Block H was completely released that way--stores I believe only got Best of collections.

Seriously we should be getting an awesome OLTL 40th anniversary box set right now, etc etc--such a wasted opportunity

• Members

how about Santa Barbara or Edge of Night or Another World...I was always a Rachel fan!!! Back to the time when she was married to Russ and letting him think Jamie was his son!! I know soapnet used to air AW but I don't think they showed the last couple of years worth of shows...those are the ones I would like to see again...Rachel falling in love with Carl Hutchins!!!!

• Members

I'm working on transfering my last three months of City from VHS to DVD-R but it's taking longer than I thought

The same reason AMC and GH got coffee table books 4 or so years before OLTL and a trivia book 10 years before OLTL's (which is coming out this week I believe) lol?

I'd love a box set with maybe some of the earliest complete eps available, then key eps from each era they still have for AMC/OLTL.

Archived