GL: What's the deal with Cassie's kids?

• Members

Ok, can someone explain to me what's the deal with Cassie's children?

Why doesn't RJ seem to want Will to come home? Did they not get along or something?

And why is Will living with his father? From what I gathered, Will isn't Cassie's biological child right? She adopted him? He's the child of Alonzo and Camille? Why in the hell would Cassie give him up?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, historically Cassie didn't "give up" Will. At the time, she didn't want to let him go at all and tried to keep him. But it appears from today that she willingly let him go without a fight. That's not what happened a few years ago.

And you're right, Ryan. Will isn't Cassie biological child, she did adopt him.

I'm not really hip to the reason that RJ seems to dislike Will so much. I don't recall them being at odds the last time he was on-screen. It's probably just another trumped-up drama for St. Cassie to resolve, to show everyone what a wonderful, loving person she is. Ugh. :blink:

• Members

Cassie adopted Will with her late husband Richard, who was half-brother of Alonzo, Will's biological father.

When Will was about three years old, Alonzo decided that he wanted to raise Will himself as a prince in San Cristobel. Cassie tried to fight it but she'd be toast in an SC court even though the paperwork on the adoption was legal. She didn't want to put Will through a protracted custody fight so she let him go.

RJ and Will never seemed to have a problem with each other before, but I can imagine that RJ, as neglected as he already is, doesn't want another kid to come in and take some of what little attention he gets from his mom and stepdad.

Archived