B&B: Week of Oct. 22 Discussion!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, Sheila, you have just made my day!!! That is a TERRIFIC pic!

If you can post more, I would be eternally grateful! I can't find too many pics of B&B and it's making me sad :(

Thanks for posting that wonderful pic of Heather Tom :)

• Members

Yes, anything would have been better than that! lol

Thursday

Oh my God, the Brooke/Stephanie confrontation was SO awesome, even though it was the complete opposite of what I would have had imagined. I expected slaps, "I hate you's" and stuff, but none of that. It was so awesome how the one who started the events that lead to the rape was able to get Brooke to finally talk about the rape. Katherine Kelly Lang gave yet another stellar perfomance. The ending scene were Stephanie finally realized that Brooke is not all she has made her out to be was SO strong.

Also loved Katie and Thorne bonding even further over Brooke's rape and them being awkward with one another and not exactly knowing what to say or talk about. The subtle flirting was also so nice. I can't wait until they kiss!

And, now, what I hope happens: This is the END of the Stephanie-Brooke rivalry. It has gone on for 19, 20 years and it is enough. After the events of this summer, Stephanie should finally learn her lesson (in regards to Brooke, at least) and they both should move on. Probably all shouldn't be lovey-dovey between Steph and Brooke, but they should step the rivalry down for a little bit. If there HAS to be a Forrester/Logan vendetta, then Donna is more than capable to take Brooke's place. Stephanie and Donna's slap-a-thons over the summer were great and the screen sizzles when the two fight (something that's been worn off of the Stephanie/Brooke fights, mainly because Brooke doesn't really fight back anymore). So, the feud should move from Brooke to Donna and Stephanie certainly has enough reasons to, um, "dislike" Donna. What do you guys think?

• Members

ITA about those Brooke/Stephanie scenes on Thursday. They were incredibly powerful and moving. You know, this is the crux of the Brooke/Stephanie rivalry -- the fact that Brooke has longed for Stephanie's affection and approval since Day One. Sleeping with the Forrester men never gave her the esteem and appoval she craved from Stephanie -- the same love Stephanie gave willingly to Caroline, to Taylor, to Ashley.

That's why yesterday's scenes were so amazing, IMO. Because Stephanie finally treated Brooke like she would, say, Felicia. When Brooke said "I'm not a whore" and Stephanie answered "Of course you're not, and I cannot believe it took me 20 years to see that," when Stephanie attempted to hold her face as Brooke cried "I tried to fight him, I really tried," well, I have to say I was blinking back tears. Stephanie was repentant, she was sympathetic -- she was maternal.

And while I think this would be a good start to a more mature, evolved relationship between the two, YRBB, I cannot ever see Bradley Bell going for it. The B/S rivalry has powered this show since the beginning, making moments like yesterday's doubly powerful because they are so rare. It's almost Freudian, with Brooke forever the 40-year old Little Girl Lost, longing for her "mommy's" love. And the mother-figure Stephanie unable to give her that affection, despising her because she recognizes that Brooke's obsession with and influence over Ridge matches her own.

I don't know how Stephanie will react when Ashley returns. Because she REALLY wants Ashley with Ridge. I personally need a break from B/S but Stephanie definitely needs somebody to plot against because she is borderline psycho :lol: and desperately needs to control everybody -- especially the males -- in her life.

Oh, and I love Katie/Thorne, too. A kiss would be nice but I'm glad they're not rushing into it. They need to build this one carefully. And Thorne needs to realize he's falling for Katie -- not trying to get back at Donna or trying to fill the Darla-sized hole in his life.

• Members

I thought hte Brooke/Steph scenes were great but come on, this isnt the first time Stephanie has accepted Brooke and changed her opinion on her. Fact is this will be temporary as Stephanie will go back to hating her eventually and the two will fight. Thats just one thing thats always been true of B&B and I dont doubt that it will happen again. It may take a bit longer this time, but it will

Also Brooke problaims that she's not a whore, all while using her rape to steal Ridge from Ashley. The rape storyline and that triangle clash with each other and makes it hard to feel any type of sympathy for her when she's acting like the victim in one and a slut in the other

• Members

Those Stephanie/Brooke-scenes were indeed magical.

For once Stephanie seemed to be honest - and with that I also mean that the writers for once had plausible reasoning for this awakening unlike some times before when it was just ludicrous. Will it last? No way in hell. But we'll see how this plays out because Brooke is getting Stephanie's approval now that she does not care anymore about it.

What a great treat in the anniversary year - my huntch is that there are more such scenes to come simply because Stephanie has to make herself at graces with the men in her life.

Speaking of which: Eric for SPOKESPERSON! Finally someone realized what's in John McCook. And I must admit, it gave the Donna-Eric-fling quite some depth that she came up with the idea to step down since she does not fit the Forrester Creations ideal. And what a great cliffhanger: Stephanie getting thisclose to being dropped the sex bomb on with whom Eric is sleeping.

Great script by Patrick Mulcahey on Friday!

The Thorne/Donna friendship. I just wished we'd gotten more to see of Nick & Taylor & Jack. Those scenes on Wednesday - "President Jack Hamilton Marone" LMAO!!! - were just too cute. Soaps need to do more of such basically useless but romantic scenes which are believable...

• Members

Well, I at least hope that the fighting stops, even for a little bit.

I LOVED the whole Eric/Donna thing. No matter how irksome the age difference may be, this time it seems as if Donna has genuine respect for Eric and some genuine feelings. It was so nice of her to insist he's in the campaign and that she steps down from Forrester Creations, although that begs the question of what she'll do now. Does this mean she'll be without a job? I can't wait to see Stephanie's reaction when she realizes the truth, although I wish they would have waited a little while longer.

I also miss Taylor, Nick and Jack. I can't wait to see what's next for them. I have a feeling that Taylor might still have some problems accepting Jack and it would be nice if they dealth with that in the long term--no matter how much you love that child, you can't really forget where it came from, can you? Maybe Taylor could deal with post-partum depression, or go back to drinking.... I don't know, but it might also be a good way to write her out (in light of Tylo's recent tragedy). We'll see. I'm sure this will not go smoothly, though, which is always interesting in a soap ;):D.

And I completely agree about those scenes were characters just talk about their feelings. I think they're "useless" but only in furthering the plot. However, their HUGE usefulleness lays on the fact that those scenes are what makes the characters and the situations real to us, fans. And not the constant jumping from one development to another (Y&R I'm looking at you, as well as most of the other soaps on air!).

Archived