ATWT PreVUE: Week of October 22 Edition

• Members

Peferct summary...

Basically Carly can be a bitch all she wants...as long as she and Jack are together and living the same lie they've been convincing themselves of for the past few years....namely that Jack and Carly are in love.

Thats fine and all. I wish I could believe it. For a year or two I myself believed that Carly and Jack belonged together (during the whole Carly/Craig fiasco and Jack "dying" and losing his memory. I still remember Carly on that bridge where Jack's car went off road praying that he was still alive.

However Jack's treatment of Carly after he found about Carly's "secret undercover" mission and during this last year coupled with Carly's actions over the last year have convinced me that they just aren't meant to be together and that they're not in true love.

Sure they'll always love each other but I don't think its the perfect, can't live without you, real love that comes with true happiness.

This story really has nothing to do with Katie. While I find Katie and Jack to be a bit refreshing its only cuz Jack has been stuck with Carly for so long that anyone else would have been welcome relief from that trainwreck.

She was just Option #1 on the table. Anyways this is exactly like Carly and this just sums up CarJack's relationship. Carly says she loves Jack. Carly become obsessed with Jack and can't do anything except think about Jack (cuz God forbid this woman actually have a job or a decent career). Jack denies that he loves her. Eventually Carly gets her way and convinces Jack that he does love her. Jack is ready to commit to Carly forever. Carly lies at some point. Carly covers up her lie with another lie. Of course Jack finds out about the lie and the coverup. Jack is morally outraged and swears it over. Jack leaves Carly.

The cycle repeats itself.

At this point I don't care what they do with Carly. Its sad that such a great character is forced into these stupid situations every other year or so just because shes trying to be with a guy that is just not compatible with her.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really don't see things like that. I like the couple, but many of their fans seem convinced that JP is out to get their couple, and hates Carjack. I just don't see the truth in this. The truth is that in daytime, there's no story in a happy couple. I wish the writers were more creative and could get around this, but they don't seem to be able to. So for right now, the options are:

1. Stay together- on the backburner. Fans obviously hate this. They know that their favorite couple is out there, but since they're never on, what's the point?

2. Face horrible things together. Fans hate this less, but they do start to rant and rave about how the showrunners are torturring their couple (see Zendall, c. Crash)

3. Be split up and put back together, again and again.

Carjack inevitably falls into number three. And yes, the lie will eventually come out and everyone involved will look bad, and Carjack will split up for a while. But at least they're on the frontburner, and at least (and this is key), the showrunners are making no secret of the fact that they are soulmates.

It could be so, so much worse. Take GH, for example. Last fall, in a single ONS, we saw the complete obliteration of three couples. All of their crimes have been called unforgivable, and have led to a man threatening to kill the woman he loved, one couple losing every once of passion from their relationship, and one couple declaring that they will never, ever forgive each other. It is a wonderful, beautiful thing to have your couple admit that they are soulmates, even when they aren't together, and it is enough to convince me that however falwed JP might be, she appreciates Carjack.

Archived