Daytime Trek: The Next Generation

• Members

DAYTIME TREK: The Next Generation

Discuss daytime’s younger characters (under 26)

DOOL

Max Brady = I cannot stand him

Shawn Brady

Stephanie Johnson = I see potential in her

Chelsea Benson = just “whatever”

Jeremy Horton

Belle Black

Nick Fallon

Artemis = cute kid; makes me laugh

Demarquette = cute kid; makes me laugh

Philip Kiriakis

GH

Spinelli = LOVE the character & actor; lights up every scene he’s in; like how he’s softened Jason; the best younger character on GH

Dr. Emily Quartermaine = delivers her lines as if she’s reading from a self-help book

Logan Hayes = love the character; displays an enormous amount of potential

Cadet Coop Barrett = getting blander as the weeks progress

Lila Rae Alcazar = still don’t like her name

Maxie Jones = enjoyably snarky & bitchy; I like her friendship with Sam & feud with Logan & Lulu

Elizabeth Spencer = Herbst rocks- she’s an underrated thespian; continue to love the character

Lulu Spencer = externally gutsy/internally fragile is a great combo for her

Lucky Spencer = Vaughn is outstanding; the character needs to define his priorities (Sam vs kids)

Michael Corinthos = continue to like him

Georgie Jones = liking her more but the character needs to be backburned more

Morgan Corinthos = like the kid

Cameron Webber = cute kid especially with Herbst & Vaughn present in the same scene

Spencer Cassadine = I miss him; I still feel Colleen is alive & has “plans” for him

Kristina Davis = whatever happened to her

Leyla Mir = full of potential-hope Guza doesn’t waste her

GL

Marina Cooper

Ava Peralta = improving, but…

Daisy Lemay

R.J. Winslow

Ashlee Wolfe

Rafe Rivera

Henry Cooper Bradshaw

Lizzie Spaulding = the best younger character on GL

Zach Spaulding

Jude Bauer

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ATWT

Alison Stewart

Parker Munson

Aaron Snyder = my poor Aaron ain’t the same

Sage Snyder

Maddie Coleman = the should-have-been-taken-away-by-the-Slasher girl

Luke Snyder = The best younger character on ATWT

Noah Mayer

Gwen Norbeck Munson

Sofie Duran

Will Munson = Used to be the best younger character on ATWT, but now…

J.J. Larrabee = Ugh- still on the show?

Faith Snyder

OLTL

Brittany

Jessica Buchanan

Jack Manning

Starr Manning = stop writing her as an adult- she’s a TEEN

Natalie Buchanan

Matthew Buchanan = The best younger character on OLTL

Jaime Vega = cute girl but needs to be seen more often

Cole Thornhart

Marko Rivera

Bree Brennan

Langston Wilde

B&B (all of them are “meh”)

Bridget Forrester

Phoebe Forrester

Hope Logan

Ridge Forrester Jr.

*Carl = what a doofus

• Members

AMC

This show once had the best younger characters in daytime, but now…

J.R. Chandler = The best younger character on AMC

Babe Carey Chandler

Ava Benton = WTF! Send her to Harmony

Lily Montgomery = WTF! Send her to Harmony

Colby Chandler = By having her in PV, they’ve destroyed Liza.

Spike Lavery

Amanda Dillon = what happened to her?

Sean Montgomery = WTF!

Emma McDermott

Adam Chandler III

Y&R

Abby Carlton = I like how they made her intelligent & inquisitive

Lily Winters = just pitiful; a major reason why I miss Drucilla

Colleen Carlton = Adrienne Leon was much better; Tammin needs to work on disguising her Aussie accent

Noah Newman = I like how they made him intelligent & inquisitive

Daniel Romalotti = loving the character

Kevin Fisher = the best younger character on Y&R

Amber Moore = she’s persistent, I’ll give her that

J.T. Hellstrom = complete waste of screen time

Devon Hamilton = I may be in the minority, but I don’t like Devon

Jana Hawkes = displays a lot of promise; I continue to like her; her acting his very natural

Fenmore Baldwin = I still loathe his name

Summer Newman = cute kid; like the name

• Members

Lulu & maxie on GH, Chelsea on Days, Luke on ATWT, and Lizzie on GL are the best, IMO.

Luke has the most real story on daytime right now. The actor is amazing. The char has stong ties to the show and fans care about him.

Lulu on GH, tho hated on this board, is pretty loved by most fans. Again, amazing actress, char has strong ties to the show, and she interacts with EVERONE on gh

Chelsea on days and Lizzie on GL have so many layers to them. You dont see that anymore.

and Maxie. Shes hated. she a bitch. and shes great at it.

• Members

General Hospital

Elizabeth Webber: Beautiful & Angelic. Much too good for Lucky.

I also love Logan, Lulu, Coop, Maxie, Georgie, Spinelli, the new kid (Johnny is it?).

Also I don't know if Jason is part of the "Younger Crowd" but since we're including Elizabeth and Lucky in there I also think the character of Jason is awesome.

ATWT

Casey, Jade, Maddie, Gwen, Allison, Aaron, Luke, and Noah. I miss Casey & Jade.... :(

Also ATWT should seriously consider bringing on the guy who played Roth (the guy who was conversing with Luke over coffee that one day) on as a regular on the teen scene. He seemed pretty decent to me in terms of acting skills and he had some chemistry with Luke.

• Members

Lily: I like Lily now that shes not with Daniel. As for Dru I don't miss her at all. I mean if I had a mother as psycho as Dru was I know I wouldn't want to be ANYTHING like her.

Colleen Carlton: NuColleen is sorta getting there with me. I floved AL but I'm come to realize that recasts are just an evil part of the industry when it comes to the younger crowd. I agree that the Aussie accent is affecting how I view the charcter.

Daniel: Hate his stupidity. Love his looks. Love his humor and his smile. Just give him a chance to redeem himself and I'll be on board!

Amber: I have a love/hate relationship with this girl. Hated her with ever fiber of my being on B&B for what she did to Rick and others...on Y&R I find her a lot more enjoyable. Shes still a gold digger and shes still a ho but she can be funny and sometimes I find myself feeling bad for her. I think she just needs to work on her self esteem. Clearly shes got some major issues that made her this way. Y&R should explore that rather than continue this stupid money storyline.

Kevin: Again another love/hate relationship I have. Love him when hes with Colleen. Hate him when hes around Gloria or Jana. I also hate how this obviously intelligent guy continues to the stupid dumba$$ sh*t that could put him in jail for life! Hot guy though...loving the prep look. Very modelesque... :D

Fenmore: Awww I love his name! And I Like how they shorten it to Fen.

Summer: The PHICK BABY...what else needs to be said. Shes got a bright future ahead of her...lol. No seriously the baby is cute and I love her name.

Don't care at all about JT, Jana, Noah, Abby or Devon. Just a waste of time and space on the show as far as I'm concerned.

• Members

OLTL

I thought Natalie and Jessica were in their late 20s. If they are under 26, you should probably add Adriana Cramer, Layla Williamson, Rex Balsom, Sarah Buchanan, and maybe even Marcie McBain (because she is supposed to be a year or two younger than Jessica, if I'm not mistaken).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

GH has by far the best younger characters so far this year.

OLTL's younger characters are dreadfully bland. :o Where is Linda Gottlieb or Susan Bedsow Horgan when you need her? When will they discontinue writing Starr as an adult?

AMC & B&B have the worst ones. If Patrick Mulcahey, Janice Ferri Esser or Kay Alden remain on B&B, they must became head writers. There is no ifs, ands or buts about it. And if David Shaughnessy doesn't quit or retire, he should be its EP. The real L.A. is an interested city.

Archived