AMC: Adam Will Face Moral Dilemma

• Members

Link

'All My Children' Head Writers Say Adam Will Face Moral Dilemma

Those who avidly follow the ABC soap All My Children know that Julia's (Sydney Penny) adopted daughter, Kathy, (Alexa Girasimovich) is actually Kate, the long-lost daughter of Tad Martin [Michael E. Knight] and the deceased Dixie Cooney. However, because Kathy/Kate's adoption papers are in Adam's (David Canary) possession, it will not be long before the secret is revealed, and according to head writers Barbara Esensten and James Harmon Brown, the revelation will have a significant effect on the relationships of the characters involved in the storyline.

“It will create a dilemma for all the characters in that story: Adam, Tad, Krystal [bobbie Eakes] and by extension, Julia, Kathy and Colby [Ambyr Childers],” Brown told Soap Opera Weekly. “All of those people are going to have large emotional stakes in this; the Adam/Krystal relationship and Krystal/Tad relationship. It's a moral dilemma that's going to be facing Adam.”

Brown also said the story of Kathy/Kate will bring foster a new closeness between Julia and Tad.

“Julia is going to become closer and closer with Tad, and become a part of that extended family of Krystal, Colby and Tad and the kids,” he told Soap Opera Weekly.

On the other hand, Esensten remarked that the future does not look too bright for Adam and Krystal, who are now separated but still legally married.

“Because Adam did such despicable things to Krystal, it's not going to be easy for them to get back together,” Esensten said. “One of the ways that Adam can get close to Krystal is by becoming [his identical twin] Stuart, which is always so fun to watch. It's kind of a sweet love story of reconnecting this couple.

Outside of the Kathy/Kate storyline, the All My Children head writers said complications will arise for Zach (Thorsten Kaye) and Ryan (Cameron Mathison) when they learn of Greenlee's (Sabine Singh) budding romance with Aidan (Aiden Turner), the man Zach hired to keep Greenlee away.

“[Greenlee and Aidan's relationship] cause problems with both Zach and Ryan. Neither one of them at this juncture wants Greenlee to be in town,” Brown said.

Esensten added, “You have two powerful men that really want this woman gone, and that tends to make the hero quality in Aidan come out and be more defensive. Perhaps if she wasn't the hated one, their relationship might not have developed the way it's beginning to, because he has to be a little protective of her.”

All My Children airs weekdays on ABC.

-Lisa Claustro, BuddyTV Staff Columnist

Source: Soap Opera Weekly

Finally a story for Adam, and not so much Greenlee/Kendell/Ryan/Zack

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived