GH: Sonny Soprano?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It has probably continued so long due to that show's success, despite what fans of GH have been asking for. They don't know what else to write for Maurice Bernard, and they're not going to steer away from the violent mayhem when they've seen it validated in another series. The only reason mob plots failed on GL is that Carmen Santos was so much of a cartoon that she wasn't in interesting romances to balance her character.

• Members

Yeah. That's the whole reason for the Luke and Laura phenomenon -- it began with the rape at the disco because Luke thought he was going to be killed by Frank Smith's people way back in 1979.

But, under Frons' 2002 to present influence (trying to model soaps after primetime hits, such as AMC's original Fusion girls -- Greenlee, Kendall, Mia and Simone -- being a bootleg "Sex and the City"), I wouldn't be surprised if GH has been mandated to bulk up on the mob. And, of course, Guza, Korte, Benard and Burton have no problem with that at all.

• Members

GH has had mob-related stories since the last 70s with Frank Smith (Did Marland create him or was it his successor?). Frank Smith's son (who created him?) debuted in the 1980s, while Sonny Corinthos, created by Claire Labine, debuted in 1993.

Not ALL fans hate the mob-related stories of GH. I'm sure a lot of GH fans hate The Quartermaines. I happen to love both. All that is needed is balance.

I'm glad the mob-related stories on GL bombed b/c that's not what the show is about. I shouldn't be a GH clone.

Is Elizabeth Korte just a script editor or does she hold many positions (AHW, BDW, SW, SE etc)? Could she currently be daytime's most powerful writer next to LML & Bell?

Archived