AMC: Annie

• Members

Once upon a time certain GL writers took a character namd Annie, made her crazy and low and behold, GL had a fabulous 1997. Now here we are, exactly 10 years later with the same writers, another soap and a previously Steppfordish Annie suddenly coming unhinged. Coincidence? Or commnt on the unoriginality of soap writers? Will Erica son discover that she is the princess of an island nation???

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL! Only GL's Annie was a much more interesting character, I still don't care for AMC's Annie. I mean she's a relatively new character, so I already have something against them for exploring her back history. So much more stuff could be done with her potential air time, like giving it to already established characters!

Melissa is a doll, but face it, she's no Watros! :lol:

Though you did bring up something interesting, B&E's first year on GL started and ended with a BANG. However, so far, their AMC stint started off good, but they haven't really delivered anything. In fact, I'd go as far as to say, AMC is extremely boring at the moment, and it feels as if that if you were to stop watching for a week, you'd miss nothing! Whereas their first year on GL was can't miss television, where there was a cliffhanger at the end of every episode. 1997 was a dynamic year for GL, though heavily Annie/Josh/Reva-centric, was actually entertaining, though campy. It started off with Annie's staged fall at the Spaulding party, Reva's trial for the crime in the middle of the year, and ended with Annie being accused for burning down Reva's house.

1997 was B&E's only good year at GL, but as many have pointed out, that was probably due to the transitional writers setting the stage up for them to follow.

Damn, I miss my Annie Dutton (In Cynthia Watros form ONLY). :(

• Members

WOw. I remember Annie's fall. After an abysal 96 GL that was th moment where it became good again. Actually I liked B&E all the way until about the middle of the San Cristobal story. After that it was just nonsense until about Mille Taggert's stint. Also, I don't really remember GL Annie being THAT interestng those first few years. Wasn't until the drug story and THEN all the stuff that happened in 97 was genious. MAybe AMC's Annie will get it together. The story isn't AS weofully uninteresting as everything else on AMC (that's a compliment for AMC these days).

• Members

No I don't think that they'll go there. We've known since Annie came on last year that she didn't like talking about her past, as it was a painful subject for her (as witnesses on her face when she claimed she had a "perfect" childhood). I think this backstory is good for her, as it makes her a little interesting. Annie was a blank slate, a boring blank slate.

Archived