Where were you 10 years ago?

Tishy

• Members

Do you remember where you were when you found out that Princess Di had passed? I was @ Foxwoods with my best friend & we were just leaving. We stopped to get gas & a Krispy Kreme. Right before we went in, I thought I heard that she died. I was like no way. I went inside & asked the guy & he said she was fine, her bodyguard & driver were dead. My friend fell asleep & I kept searching the radio for any news. Finally, when we were pulling into my friend's driveway, I heard the news. Even though we had been up for 24 plus hours, I made her stay up with me to listen to the news.

I acried, I was so sad. Since I was a gamblingholic, we went back after her funeral whih I bawled over. One ofthe stations is replaying it right now

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At work. Was just about to leave, when all three local stations broke in with British television, saying that she was in an accident. Only about ten minutes later did they say she was gone. Was shocked for the next week or so. Couldn't believe it. And still can't.

A truly beautiful, flawed lady. She is missed to this day.

• Members

I was with my grandmom when it happened. We were both watching CNN at the time when it was announced the car accident happened. She was wondering why I was saddened by her death b/c she didn't think I knew who Princess Di was, but I did. She was a very classy woman, and miss her to this day.

I think that was the moment that me and my grandmom became very close

• Members

I was just 10, and found out when one of my best friends told me it was in the papers. I didn't belive a word she said until I saw the cover of the newspaper.

What made Lady Di special is that she was every bit the princess of Wales while still so approachble for the public. She was so human and unafraid to show it.

• Members

On the Saturday night I saw a news bulletin that she was in an accident, but later they reported she just had a broken arm so I went to bed, thinking she was going to be okay. The next morning I got up and turned on the TV and saw her picture behind the news anchor and realized she was dead. It was so sad, because her life should have been a fairytale and wasn't and now her boys were left without their mother. My mom and I got up really early to watch her wedding when she married Charles, and it was like every little girl's dream, and then to have her life end so tragically was heartbreaking. Her funeral was on my birthday, and my husband didn't want me to watch it because it was making me so sad, but I felt like I needed to see it to say good-bye. It was very surprising how affected I was by her death.

• Members

It was actually my Dad's birthday - and we had a bunch of neighborhood friends over on Sat. night...the kids were watching SNL and the Spice Girls were performing that night. Then the news broke into SNL and we all found out. My mom was soooo sad, she really loved that woman.

• Members

My best friend and my parents and I had just come back to our lodge after a balloon safari in the Masai Mara (Kenya). We were told the Princess of Wales just died in Paris. We arrived back in London (layover) on the day of the funeral. There were tons of flowers in front of Buckingham Palace, Clarance House (were the Queen Mum lived), Hampton Court and Harrods. People were crying. Many business closed for the day.

Coincidentally, I was also in London the day Prince William was born. I was traveling from Tel Aviv to NYC and had a layover in London for a few days. The night he was born, I was attending the play "Little Foxes" staring Elizabeth Taylor. She announced at the end of the play "at 9:02 this evening, a prince was born". Everyone stood up an cheered. Now I tell everyone that Elizabeth Taylor was the first person to tell me that Prince William was born!

• Members

I had went to bed early that night so I didn't find out until the next morning.

The I came out in the morning and my mom and dad were watching the news about it. I was 12, and absolutely shocked.

Its one of those days you will always remember what you were doing.

The one person who put a human and real face on the royal family of England. I miss her dearly.

Archived