AMC: The writer's FINALLY gave Erica her "heart" back

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I totally agree with you 100%! I have been loving Erica these past couple of months. The way McTavish wrote her was like she had no heart. That she did not care for her "Long lost son" Josh. But now B&E are writing her as a mother who cares about her children and is always going to be there for them. :D

I gotta give B&E their props.

I also agree that Susan seems to enjoy playing Erica. :D

• Members

Ummm, I'm gonna disgree, kinda. Erica never lost her heart. Her heart is the one thing that MMT couldn't take from her. She's always been about Erica. Selfish, self centered, and stubborn. But when her kids needed her, she was there, or she tried to be there the best way she knew how. Her heart has always been there, and in terms of Josh and that entire [!@#$%^&*], I think she was actually very much Erica through the whole thing.

She's apperently suppoed to just love Kendall and Josh because they have her DNA. No questions asked. But people never seem to care what their exsistences mean for Erica. She was suppoed to just bow at Josh's feet, and love him like she does Bianca, and now Kendall. But if you know Erica, aside from her reasons from the abortion changing, her interactions with Josh have been dead on. She needed time to proces him, and what his being alive meant to her. She needed to reconcile herself with the choices she made. With the terrible things he did to her. She needed time to process, and see Josh as Josh, not a science experiment that Madden did on her as he violated her. She needed time. She took it. And like with Kendall, and much to my disappointment, she loves Josh, unconditionally. And she always will. If her heart was gone, she would have never come this far in the first place, IMO, anyway.

Erica's heart is the one thing in here that MMT didn't break, and that MMT didn't try to take away from. Her dignity. Her pride. And her smile were all things MMT stole from her, but her heart was never gone. It was just being masked by plotless, emotionaless, depthless writing.

Erica has been, and IMO is still POD, but she's still in there and she's shining through slowly. :)

• Members

Haha - I know, I know - I just find it funny that you can always stay up on AMC and know exactly what's going on enough to give your own opinion, even though you swear up and down you don't watch the show and are completely finished with the show. Just be true to yourself girl! lol

• Members

I'm waiting for her to get back with Jack, brush Lily's hair, call Reggie, download a picture of Miranda from an email Bianca sent and for her to have coffee with Opal and Myrtle. I know none of that will ever happen, but I can hope, right?

• Members

I don't understand what the hell the big deal is that I don't watch. On other boards people don't watch but keep up with the show and have daily discussions about it. I said I'd never watch AMC again, and I meant it, and I always will. But I never said that I wouldn't keep up with AMC. I wanted to some points, and I tried to let go completely. But I can't. And really, B&E aren't exactly writing novel stuff, that's never been written before, so it's not hard to form an opinion on what's airing without watching it.

But whatever, I can not comment on the show here. There's other places where it's fine to not watch and still talk shop.

• Members

It's one thing to form opinions on storylines...it's another to form opinions on certain characters as they change from writer to writer. I just don't think you can have any basis of opinion when you don't watch or see what a character is doing. And you did say you'd never watch AMC again. In fact you've said it sooo many times that about a year ago, everytime I saw your name associated with a post, I knew EXACTLY what it was going to say: "I will never watch this show again! They have ripped my heart out". Also, you've said SEVERAL times that you will no longer go to AMC boards or look at anything AMC-related....

I just find it funny, yet NOT surprising that you can't keep true to that....you KNOW you will forever keep up with AMC/Erica no matter what. You don't have to keep up this charade that you don't watch at all and never want to again. It is OK - I PROMISE!

;)

Archived