Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Serena and Hewitt take Brisbane! Congrats to Serena. Maggot Lleyton, who cares?

Looks like Sloane and Annacone have kissed and made up. He will be joining her for AO14.

Sharapova continues to be Serena's bitch 15 - 2! We are approaching 10 years since Maria has beaten Serena. However, she played some really good Tennis, especially after returning from a 6 month haitus! Depending on the draw, she has a better chance at the final than Vika if Brisbane is any indication. Something is missing with Vika's game, and I don't see her as a threat to S at all. Could Sharapova finally step to the plate and not strike out against Serena?

• Members

I DVR the Serena match..so she won....Good...cant stand whats her face....and ugh...Lleyton Luna won....now he will never retire after beating Roger and winning a title since 2010....Lleyton needs to retire..and Roger what a bad loss for him. I can see him dropping out of the top 10 this year. Aussie Open next Sunday...yay

• Members

Former US Open-champion and two-times Wimbledon finalist Patrick Rafter will play in the men's doubles tournament with Lleyton Hewitt!

http://tennis.si.com/2014/01/12/patrick-rafter-lleyton-hewitt-doubles-australian-open/

Great to see him back on a tennis court again, although it probably won't be for long. He's my all-time favourite player. A great player, and by all accounts an equally great person off the court. wub.png

• Members

Pironkova dropping to her knees after winning her first WTA title almost brought tears to my eyes. It was such an overwhelming experience for her. Great moment. The Germans are so fed up with Kerber.

There's an article on Camilla Giorgi about how she may not be able to stay on tour because she does not have enough money. The investors her father put together a few years ago want to be paid. She did well at the US Open and won about $160k, but once everyone was paid, no returns for investors. They are not happy at all. Gonna try to find it, if for no other reason, it really gives a good picture of what someone who might not be in the upper echelon of tennis goes thru financially.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/tennis/news/20140110/camila-giorgi/

Edited by ChitHappens

• Members

Happy new year to you to.

Been really busy with work, that busy that the last thing i have wanting to do is get on the laptop on the weekend. But have been on my iPad and iPhone figure that one out lol.

I am not looking forward to the heat today.

Got a great view of Rod Laver and Margaret Court arena from the window, but can't get the picture to post.

Won't be going to the tennis this year as this whole week temp's of aroung 100 degrees is being forcast.

Edited by SnCCorinthos4ever

• Members

THE Extreme Heat Policy has been implemented at the Australian Open on another sweltering day at Melbourne Park.

The tournament referee has suspended the start of any further games on outside courts and matches currently in progress will continue only to the end of the current set, when the match will be suspended until further notice.

The roof has been closed on Hisense Arena and will be closed on Rod Laver Arena at the end of the current set before any urther games take place.

No play on the ouside courts before 4.00 pm at least.