Toups

The Tennis Thread

On 8/23/2018 at 8:45 AM, Faulkner said:

Ridiculous.

I can't believe folks are making a fuss over this like Queen was going to wear it again anyhow.  She never repeats outfits from one tourney to the next!  This is not even a discussion, IMHO!  

21 minutes ago, ChitHappens said:

I can't believe folks are making a fuss over this like Queen was going to wear it again anyhow.  She never repeats outfits from one tourney to the next!  This is not even a discussion, IMHO!  

It's not even news. When did the FO become Wimbledon?:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Faulkner said:

Oh snap. I noticed a lot of R1 matches between compatriots, but this is one of the more interesting.

Don't care for either one since TC pimps both but I hope Felix beats Denis. 

Will be interesting. And Sharapova is playing Patty Schnyder in R1. How’s that for a throwback? They haven’t played in a DECADE, but they usually had tight matches years ago in spite of the lopsided h2h in Maria’s favor (7-1).

Just now, Faulkner said:

Will be interesting. And Sharapova is playing Patty Schnyder in R1. How’s that for a throwback? They haven’t played in a DECADE, but they usually had tight matches years ago in spite of the lopsided h2h in Maria’s favor (7-1).

I saw some of Patty's match today on TC. I always liked her game. I can't believe she is playing at almost 40. 

Ha ....Young got DelPo.....he is a goner....and the match I thought might be intriguing if they played.....Tsitsipas got Tommy Robredo......

Wow Thiem and Tsitsipas on outer courts........looks like I will have to catch Thiem's match on ESPN 3/+ because I don't see it being telecasted on the extra US Open channels on TV.  So many of my favorites playing on Monday. 

And Robredo should be comfortable on court 11 against Tsitsipas because that's where he played today or has played during Q's....

Puig just retired in tears from her New Haven SF with CSN. Too bad. Seemed like it was her best collection of matches since Rio.

It’s a CSN/Sabalenka final.

ESPN must be pissed with the Puig retirement in New Haven and the lackluster, blink-and-you-missed-it Medvedev/Taro Daniel SF in Winston-Salem. There goes a night of programming. I suppose the Stevie Johnson/PCB match in W-S could still be good???