The Tennis Thread

• Members

Borna should've won!

No Roger he didn't get nervous...he made mistakes and that's why you won.

Roger sucked today!  I hope Delpo makes it to the finals and blasts Roger off the court tomorrow.

And I am betting that either Roger withdraws from Miami or loses early. He looked slow today.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Oy.

Just going back to Kei briefly. Yes, he has a size disadvantage. But there are far too many times when he’s in full command of a match, goes off to La La Land mentally and puts himself in a hole, and has to dig himself out of it. And he often does dig himself out of it. The problem is, you do that a few too many times, your body pays the price. I always say to myself, you had the energy and stamina to fight back and win a five-setter. If you had remained mentally engaged throughout, you wouldn’t have to consistently do that. It’s primarily a mental thing with him.

• Members

I just had to roll my eyes at ESPN commentators....trashing Fabrice Santoro for saying Roger had a back injury and saying it was because Borna was playing better than Roger and 5 minutes later they are making excuses for Roger that the wind was the problem.....lawd.....LOL

• Members

He did. But I just hope Delpo doesn’t get too beat up today against Raonic. I don’t think JMdP has looked all *that* sharp this tournament.

This has been sort of a “meh” tournament on the men’s side in keeping with things from the past 18 months. Again, the drama comes from the women.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Kei is done!  Too many players have passed him in the rankings. He has looked rather awful in the matches I've seen him play. He lost early in a challenger to some unknown. That's not good at all even though he beat him the next week in a regular tour event.

• Members

Kei has dropped to #33 in the world and others behind him are gaining fast! I see him dropping even more in the rankings.

What year was it that he should've won the US Open? And I also thought he could win the French Open. After not capitalizing at the US Open his game went down and up went his injuries.

• Members

They just started talking about how big he looks and mentioned an anecdote about how Ivanisevic had once talked about the ideal kg for Raonic and how he surely was heavier than that ideal now.

Then Chris-what's-his-name mentioned that it must be difficult to carry that amount of weight around the court and expect to move quickly.  Something like that.