Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator

Of course I was rooting for Federer but now I'll be rooting for Kei - I want to see history. On the women's side, I'm happy to see Caroline back in the finals. I'll be rooting for her to win so she can complete the comeback and win her first grandslam. I felt so bad for Peng - she was in so much pain and had to be rolled out in a wheelchair. I loved how McEnroe and Mary Carillo were just blasting the organizers during that debacle.

• Members

YAS! Ew, no Queen Serena til the end.

Fed played so sloppy and was basically outplayed by Cilic. I can't even be mad at that. Well, there's always another slam around the corner for him to reach 18.

Caroline played such meh tennis that it should be rather easy for Serena to mow her down if she doesn't start off sluggish like she did last time. I was SO happy Djoker lost and I am having such fun watching Kei and Michael Chang in the audience.

• Members

Oh most definitely agreed. I like upsets as much as the next person. When I see you playing horribly, or the other person attacking out the gate and never giving up. I feel their fire and really root for them. I just don't really see that happening with her, ya know?

P.S. A little OT but have you seen A - Z yet Toups?

Edited by London

• Members

One awful final on Monday that no one will watch..what horrible ratings the telecast will get....poor Roger everyone was pulling for him in the stadium...even the clapping and no clapping on what Cilic did..LMAO......I hope K wins ..he deserves it after all the great players he defeated. Cilic just sucks big time. I dont think anyone wants to see him win it.

• Members

cyLmmoz.gif

You know you wrong for that Toups.... you know you wrong! LMAO the ump too. That was an insane match and I had so much second-hand embarrassment it wasn't even funny. I would like to think she's matured more than that moment because it wasn't a good look and people let her know. I get the anger but man... no.

• Members

Lawwwwwd! No one could have convinced me this morning that both Fed and Djoker would be upset today! I'm still recovering :(.

Nadal out and these guys forget how to play...

Kei is not too much of a shocker because this guy has serious game. He survived Milos' serve in 5 sets and 5 sets against Stan. This was bound to happen sooner or later. Djoker usually bounces back but Kei, unlike Milos, has a complete game and it's a really good game. Quite excellent, actually. Today was no fluke. Remember he schooled Nadal on clay until an injury a few months ago.

Cilic? This upset crushed me because outside of that hideous outfit Fed wore, his game was atrocious! He's faced bigger serves and better all around games yet his hands were tied behind his back! Just awful :( Not getting #18 from him. Serena, no bullish!t tomorrow. The last 2 matches reminded everyone why you should be feared! I NEED #18

Congrats Martina Navratilova on your engagement :)

Toups, stops being hateful. Bougie had absolutely no shot at keeping that trophy on North American soil!

Ratings for the men's final are going to be forgettable. If CBS could end this contract one day early, I'm sure they would.

Edited by ChitHappens

• Administrator

Woah, don't get me wrong, I don't hate Serena. I love watching her play. I was just poking fun at her, thinking of ways she can lose. LOL That meltdown was so infamous it even made the highlights package of the past 47 years of CBS' coverage.

• Members

I knew K could beat Novak. I was hoping he would. I havent forgiven Novak for losing to worthless Murray in the US Open Finals and Wimbledon. K sure is for real. Anyone who can beat or even challenge Nadal on clay is a winner in my book. I really hope he wins. He deserves it.

Cilic...ugh...cant stand him or his ass game...sucks.....I cant believe the guys in his draw could not beat this awful player.

I saw MN proposal on the Tennis Channel....happy for her

Oh forget...yes the great Milos...where is he??? LMAO....picking up the pieces after losing to K....LOL.....it takes more than just a serve to win a major and be a true champion...K does have it all...good forehand...good backhand...serve.....he doesnt rely on only part of his game...I am so sick of seeing male tennis players slide all the way to the left to hit a forehand...is it illegal now to hit backhands??

The ratings for Serena's match tomorrow will be good because of history.....as for men's final...yikes...I expect a very very low rating...maybe a 1.0 rating..in all truth....

Someone commented on Twitter what great ending CBS did with the ending credits....I was like they do that the last day of tournament but they know no one will be watching on Monday...LOL ...so they did it earlier

• Members

Actually, she was there, calling the line, in Serena's SF vs. Makarova. And yes, Serena did get called for a foot fault but it didn't seem to affect Serena at all, she just kept it moving.tongue.png

Yes, I am glad for Kei, hoping for a Fed/Nishikori final but Fed, honestly was fortunate to get past Monfils. Had Monfils had Cilic's focus, it's doubtful that Fed would've gotten to the SF.