Jekyll

applcin

• Members

Did anyone else watch? OMG, the show is freakin' brilliant. And the actor, James Nesbitt, he's amazing. I saw all of the eppys and he ends up playing about 5 different versions of Jekyll and Hyde, with minimal makeup. There's no werewolf-like makeup (well, except he bares fangs sometimes, lol); he's basically a younger, sleeker version of himself with monstrous urges. It's 95% performance, 5% makeup tricks. It's a tour-de-force performance all the way. Plus, there's a lot of action, a lot of twists and turns, flashbacks...it's great. I think it's a miniseries but the way they left it could be interpreted as either a resolution or a basis to continue...as dualistic as the character. :P

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep, just 6 episodes. I haven't seen anything about a follow-up, other than fans and reviewers indicating they'd like to see more. I hope they do more. I think it could make a good series, esp if they make Tom & Hyde more or less in a truce with each other and they cooperate with each other to do whatever needs to be done. You know, have them be strong and dangerous but not totally devoid of control or compassion...sort of like Buffy's Spike with a soul.

I was not familiar with any of the cast before but I thought Nesbitt totally rocked, he was amazing. Gina Bellman's Claire really comes into her own around the 3rd episode, and I like the chemistry there. The 2 lesbian detectives are funny. And, hey, now I know who the new Bionic Woman is. :P From Katherine to Jamie.

• Administrator

This is a Steven Moffat comedy? I'm so watching this then!!

"Coupling" was pure genius.....it's too bad NBC totally butchered the US version. (they didn't even consult with Steven!).

And Michelle Ryan's in it? Nice! Another reason to watch.

• Members

It does have some very funny and witty dialogue, though, that's where the humor comes in. Jackman, Hyde and Claire get some funny lines throughout. Some of my favorites:

Claire: Are you flirting with me? Don't flirt with me.

Hyde: Listen to her. I was your husband a minute ago.

Claire: That's the problem!

Hyde: (from inside Tom's head) Keep the phone to your ear. People will think we're schizo.

Tom: Oh you think? I'm getting a phone call from my own head!

Hyde to Claire: I'm a psychopath with superpowers and you're my girl!

Claire: I changed my mind.

Hyde: I know the feeling.

Hyde: I'm not your husband, Mrs. Jackman. We just share a d***.

Claire: Yeah, and it's mine!

Tom: My dark side likes Mary Poppins? No wonder I got bullied in school.

Tom & Claire meeting for the first time on a blind date:

Tom: What do you do?

Claire: Rich men. (Pause) It's a joke.

Later on...

Claire: Oh, a scientist. That's nice. What do you do?

Tom: About $250,000 a year.

:lol::lol::lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived