The new Y&R half time shots

• Members

Did anyone like them? I did. It really was refreshing. But I think it's long over due for new opening sequences overall We don't see Gloria, Lauren( I don't think, correct me if I am wrong) Amber, Lily, Colleen(which is a terrible recast) Adrian, Maggie, Depending on rumors, I think Ji Min and Karen should be in the opening as well as David Chow. What gives. The number one rated show for twenty years, surely has a budget to up grade the opening. I really wish they would go back to the red opening with the sax, or back to the ones of the 90's, when they were more personal and impressionable

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Gloria already appears in one of the openings. JiMin has been fired, Tracy E. Bregman is on recurring, so she won't appear in the opening.

Y&R has been slow since 2000 to update their openings. It took YEARS for Jess Walton to get a new shot. I doubt those new people will be added any time soon.

• Members

The new midbreak bumpers have been there for a few weeks - and I think they are mostly controlled by CBS since GL's and ATWT's bumpers were updated too.

I have wondered why LML hasn't made any changes at all to the opening, since she has made so many drastic changes that have noticably affected the show, why hasn't she touched the opening yet? I have grown very tired of the current one and I do think it's time for a change (for the opening and behind the scenes...)

The opening was last updated in June of 2006, adding some of the new characters at the time. JiMin and Lauren will not be added due to their status with the show, as previously mentioned above. Maggie won't be added, she's on recurring. Gloria is in the opening, but the versions that feature her have been decomissoned since they included Victoria Rowell in them. Neil and Devon were also in those versions, so they have not been seen either. A lot of shots need to be updated as well, some are just too old.

People that need to be added (basing this on Y&R's credits) - Heather, NuColleen, Adrian, David, Karen, Lily, Cane, and Amber - I'm sure i'm forgetting people but that's all I can think of.

Archived