3 US soaps return to UK screens

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It did, but it finished at the Coronation Massacre. And it was more like two months behind than two years.

The Bold and the Beautiful aired in the UK, where it started out really far behind (they started airing the first episodes in like 1997), but the last year it was shown, they skipped forward to only being like two years behind.

• Members

Yeah B&B started on Five in 1997 (though it ran on cable for years before that). The episodes were from 1994 when Ridge and Brooke had their beach wedding. By early 2000 when Sunset Beach finished, Five decided to relaunch B&B at the same time and fast forwarded from 1997 eps (the last ep was Sheila turning up on Maggie's doorstep to claim her baby back) to early 1999 -- Amber was pregnant with Rick's baby. Five cancelled the show around July 2001 with eps from just before CJ and Becky's wedding. Cable channel Living picked it up in January 2002 from that point and then ditched it just after Morgan got carted off to jail.

DOOL had a similar story after years on cable. Five picked it up to replace Sunset Beach in March 2000 and the first eps were from New Years with Bo killing Gina at the Penthouse Grille. It ended in 2001 with the Coronation Massacre.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

2003 and 2004 were pretty excellent for Y&R, so I think it has a shot. For GL, at least they aren't starting now, lol. I believe that'll be Ellen Weston's run which I found exciting and fun as a new viewer. With John Conboy, they didn't have the poor production values they have now. That could work as well.

• Members

As I said I don't have the channel but from what I read elsewhere, the it started this morning.

DOOL began with an episode from May 2001 when Tuscany blew up. Y&R was the beginning of 2003 - I think there were New Years celebrations and Eva Longoria is still around. GL was Thanksgiving 2003 though I don't know what the stories were.

Archived