ATWT: Casting News

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But back to topic. It is refreshing they are bringing back a Hughes. The are and always will be the focus of the show to me. Gwen is on overload. And it needs to stop now. Adding more Hughes to the canvas is a plus. But ATWT has a long way to go.

• Members

Yeah adding another Hughes to the canvas is a plus..but I'm a bit uneasy about this. There are so many new and young faces already on the show. I wish they could have slimmed down the younger cast on the show a bit before potentially bringing back a nuChris.

• Members

And I have to wonder if they aren't getting ready to have some of that younger cast leave and want other established younger characters on the show. The contracts of Jesse, Jen L and Alex are all up next yeat and I think there is a strong possibility they will all leave. Isn't Van's up soon too? Anyone know what he will do? Maybe for once they are thinking ahead.

I can justify bringing back Chris since there have been a lot of people complaining about the lack of Hughes on the canvas. Also the show is weak in the 20 something group so that makes sense. The show jumped from "teens" to mid-30's. What doesn't make sense to me is characters like Sofie and Cole. They are the ones that seem useless. And we don't need to give Iris a family. And there is still that rumor about Billy Ross coming back. I don't see the need for him either. Chris makes more sense in that case, but they need to find the right actor.

• Members

I would agree that, while I'm not a huge Chris fan, that's a good return (assuming they don't destroy him like they did Adam or write him completely out of whack like they did Ali).

My wonder is, are there going to be some exits coming?

B/C there are a lot of new / returning characters already here or coming or rumored to be coming.

Rosanna just returned - Cady is recurring so who knows how long she'll be around but it still counts.

Sofie

Cole

Chris

Also, in SOD...someone named "Ryan" is being cast....using an old Ali/Aaron script.

Then, you have the rumors of both Billy AND Casey (Ryan COULD be one of them I suppose...but still, that's at least one additional character, maybe two)

• Members

ATWT have always problems with the younger cast.

We had Chris, Georgia, Eddie, Katie coming in 1998. Eddie en Georgia left soon.

Then we had Chris, Abigail, Jennifer, Adam and Bryan (and for a few months Billy). In 2001 Chris and Bryan left.

In 2002 (after 3 years) Jennifer left, then Adam, Billy was out and and in the summer Abby left.

In 2002 they brought back Lucy, Alison and Aaron and they all left after there 3 year contract (just like the other younger characters, without Katie). Also Chris came back for 2 years.

In 2005 we got a new younger group names Will, Gwen, Casey, Luke and Maddie.

In 2007 they brought back a new Alison and the old Aaron. We also have a new Cole, Sofie and Noah.

(I left Lucy's and Adam's comeback out, because they came back for not even a year)

So my guess is Will, Gwen and Maddie will leave after there 3 year contract is over, but that will be in 2008 :(

Archived