GL: Crystal Chappell Staying

• Members

Crystal Chappell confirmed on her site that she has signed a new contract with GL, but only for a year.

She said, "I am so happy to be staying on Guiding Light for another year. They are my family and hopefully, Olivia will find her own light. Regardless of how some people feel about Olivia, I have always appreciated all the fans of the show."

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Personally, I think the fact that she only signed on for ONE year says it all. She must just want to finish up her current storyline and some stuff after, then she's gone.

Crystal would've been good on GH or something. Even though I like the actress playing Kate Howard, Crystal would've made a FIERCE Kate. Also, Crystal and Maurice both worked together before, when they were day players on AMC.

If Y&R were actually watchable, she would've also made a fantastic Diane Jenkins recast as well.

• Members

is there even room for her on days??? i would love nothing more than to see Bo/Hope/John/Marlena heck even Doug/Julie/Maggie/Mickey spilit up and find there way back together but these days are Sami/Ej/Lucas show with the teens again...yawn...but id love her back if she was to break up Bo and Hope.

• Members

Are you sure about that?!

She had the itch in her butt to leave GL for OLTL when the Paige recast came up...now there's no buzz.

Maybe she realizes how risky the climate is in daytime TV. Cancellation rumors abound and across the board. If one of the safe choices didn't offer anything at renewal(ABC or Bell), why the heck would she jump ship to a show that would probably offer her less money, less screentime, and less award recognition?!

Not to mention at a show like GH, she would have to fight for airtime and Emmy recognition with the rest of those b***hy actresses! They are great, talented actresses, but b***hy nonetheless!

Crystal Chappell may want to leave GL, but girlfriend is smart for sucking it up and sticking it out for another year. She's realizes she needs GL just as much as they need her.

Archived