July 30 - August 3, 2007

Toups

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I like rooting against LML - the woman who has destroyed Y&R.

If Y&R keeps falling, CBS/SONY will make changes. A lot of people want LML out and low ratings is the only way for that to happen ...... or we hope LML clashes with Barbara Bloom and Steve Kent over creative differences.

• Members

I agree, ATWT has been falling all year and JP's contract has come and gone and no changes, so I don't know why people think if Y&R falls hard that LML will be gone for, also Y&R is the bread and butter of the soap biz, it fails they all fail, so hoping for Y&R to fall like a ton of bricks does not help any show. I don't like what has happened to the show either, but I sure don't hope the ratings tank beyond repair just to prove a point that CBS does not care about.

• Members

For all the complaining about Days, they are only .4 behind 2nd place now. It goes to show you that soaps are in trouble. I am just happy Days is holding steady, although it should've went up. Last week was very good. With all the soaps going down, I think the highest Days is going to reach is 2.2-2.3 unless a miracle happens. It's sad but all the soaps are tumbling and people say that no one will want Days with it's numbers but look at the rest of daytime. Days is right in the mix now.

Truly sad. I am glad Y&R went down but I don't want it taking B&B with it. B&B has improved quite a bit and I am glad AMC and OLTL are holding tough. I want them to pass GH soon. They are clearly better right now IMO.

Sad week for all. Usually, we see some gains in summer but instead things are getting worse.

• Members

2 years ago a lot of people wants Jack Smith and JER be fired but finally...it's worst now in ratings.

A new headwriter won't change anything in my opinion but at least maybe fans will be happy to watch their show.

CBS/Sony don't care about HH but care about the numbers of viewers rather.

Ratings before, YR had been watch by 5,5 millions and it wasn't that bad ( and a 4.0 ratings )

• Members

Even IF LML gets ousted from Y&R I think it's pretty optimistic to think the new writer will be better. I'm not one to take that on faith, considering not long ago people were celebrating Jack Smith being gone. Now things are even worse and they easily could be worse again with a regime change.

• Members

Wow. After hoping for months, Y&R finally drops below 4.0. Lets hoep that CBS does something about it and gets LML out of that position as Executive Producer and Head Writer. She has too much power right now. No one can intervene and tell her that her stories suck because she pretty much controls everything. Now, I'm not saying that she needs to be given one or the other. I think the bitch needs to be gone from Y&R totally. Take her ass back to primetime if CBS wants her so bad. It's obvious she was more successful there and not in daytime. Their hopes and dreams of a primetime writer have went to hell and back. Get her out of there!

As for a replacement, it's going to be hard to find someone, espcially if they're going to look from inside. All of the writers on board at Y&R were brought in by LML. That can't be a good thing. No one on the show has history with the show. If they do decide to bring on a new writer, it needs to be someone from Y&R's past, someone that worked under the great Bill Bell. That writer can come along and fire all of LML's roadies, and bring back some of the great writers that made Y&R the show to watch. I believe that's the only way to really successfully bring this show back to what it once was.

Archived