Days: Monday

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This was an OK episode, if not as exciting as some of the ones we got last week.

I have no problem with Kate sleeping with Stefano and/or having a romance with him, but I hate that it was just for money. What is Hogan's obsession with women being shown as prostitutes CONSTANTLY?!?!?! It's like he has some madonna-whore complex. I hate the way he writes almost all the women on this show as so weak, too. It's bad enough the way they have watered down Sami to be such a weepy and emotional doormat, but now Kate debased this way too after all she has gone through? Ugh.

And WTF is up with the fingernails? She also appeared to be wearing a wedding ring on her left ring finger. That was so distracting when she went to kiss him. And am I the only one who found it TOTALLY RIDICULOUS and unintentionally HILARIOUS the way that they played the sexy saxophone music as Stefano looks down at the corpse of Bart on the floor to give Kate the bedroom eyes before she wheels him back to the bedroom. God bless Joe Mascolo and Lauren Koslow for making the most out of the material, but man was it silly.

LOL at John busting them though. Too bad Drake delivered his lines with about all the energy of a man who just woke up from a coma a few minutes prior.

Yay for more Doug and Julie. Colleen and Santo were still adorable and it's nice that we are finally getting to the passionate part of the story. The kisses were HOT. And the declaration of love in Italian was romantic as was the way he took Colleen's hand and picked her up to dance with him. *swoon*

I don't know what to make about Sami's weird comments during the talk around the note reading. I'm glad we are getting to see Sami conflicted, perhaps because she can't help but think of EJ, and I am curious if she will come to see EJ as her fate despite all her protesting to the contrary when Lucas teased her about it. But how did Lucas even know that EJ looks just like Santo? I thought Sami and Hope made it a point to keep that from Lucas. Also that was weird how she said "Lucas, I'm going to kill you" before the fade out. Do I dare dream they are setting up a who killed Lucas storyline with all the talk of Lucas dying in last week's eps too so we can be rid of this annoying character for good? Nah, not yet.

Is it really THAT hard to tell Tony from Andre? For one thing there's the necklace. Also, Tony wears white because he's a good guy while Andre wears black.

Now what was the other segment in the show? Something with Stephanie and Payla? Ummmm zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

• Members

I don't have much of a problem with Kate sleeping with Stefano for money. That's who she is. She was a prostitute, and that's how she made her money back in the day. Yes, she has grown and come a long way since her hooker days, but she still has it in her. I don't see it as Hogan writing Kate weak. I see it as showing more depth into the character of Kate. For too long, she's been this hard as a rock character, never letting anyone inside to see her weakness, other than when people hurt her children. Hogan has given Kate layers with this one episode and I praise him for it. Today, her scenes with Stefano, show that she's still weak despite being one of the most powerful women in Salem.

• Members

OK that is a good point. But still I just hate the CONSTANT prostitution angle being hammered by this show. In the last 9 months or so we've had Chelsea streetwalking to rebel against her parents, we had Willow as a hooker, we had Lucas hiring a hooker to ruin EJ and Sami's date, we had Sami exchange sex for assistance from EJ in saving Lucas, we've had Ilsa being a prostitute and perhaps Jeremy running a prostitution ring, and now Nick is using money to try to win back Chelsea's affections and I wouldn't be surprised if this China Lee person he married in Vegas is a hooker too. I'm just so sick of it.

• Members

They cut the key out of Bart in the ambulance? They couldn't wait for an autopsy room? Yuck. And why does John have any authority over the Salem PD? These are the things that drive me crazy!

Today was an okay episode, but I was hoping for better because Friday was so awesome. I hated the Kate/Stefano scenes because they felt so sleazy with poor Bart lying there dead and Kate and Stefano making out over his corpse. Money sure does make Kate horny. Ugh. I'm so over Kate.

Santo/Colleen story needs to move along more quickly. Let's get to the endgame and find out what happened! Plus, these letter reading scenes are getting so repetitious. Why don't they just make copies and let everyone read the letters themselves instead of sitting around in pairs and making lovey dovey faces at each other? It was okay at first, but now it's just getting silly. And Lucas was mean to tease Sami about the Santo/Colleen parallels to her and EJ--even though there's probably some truth to it. He's not even supposed to know that EJ and Santo look alike; Sami made Hope promise she wouldn't let Lucas see the photo.

The show ended on a strange note. Sami threatened to kill Lucas--obviously she wasn't serious, but why was that the closing shot? Weird.

Stephanie is such a cliche for the stupid, pretty girl who falls for the bad boy. One of these days she's going to have to come crawling to Papa begging his forgiveness for the hateful way she's treated him.

• Members

This is the one thing that really bugs me about Days right now. I understand trying to move the story along, but for Lucas to know about how Santo looks after Sami made such a big deal about him never getting to see the photo--it's quite annoying. Maybe the writer thinks Lucas' reaction isn't important for us to see in the whole scheme of moving the story forward. But if that's the case and it wasn't important, he should have never had Sami mention the whole "Lucas can never see this" in the first place.

• Members

I think this is one of DAYS biggest problems right now. I keep feeling like I've missed an episode because of the way the writers jump over events and skip showing us characters' reactions. The most blatant was Sami's rape. We didn't see her telling any of her family and friends about it, but suddenly one day they are all sitting around discussing it.

• Members

Today was HUGE for me because it showed me Hogan has plans for Kate. It seems like they are fleshing her out more and getting back to the root of who she is and I LOVE it. I thought Kate was done but today opened up possibilities IMO. Loved Kate/Stefano and John's reaction to it. Joe and Lauren had good chemistry and I am glad Mythic is back in play. I did not like the camera panning to Bart's body during the flirting but whatever. Glad we had that little Kate/John scene and I still don't buy Stefano dying, especially after today.

Santo/Colleen is getting boring now for me. We are at the point where they are together so let's get to the murder now please!! Ali is doing great but JS is struggling big time with the accent. Love Shawn Sr showing up like he does.

That ending was so weak though. Lucas and Sami fight and she says she teases that she is going to kill him and that's it? Lame...at least Bo, Tony, and John did something. The other vets just sat there and it's getting old now. They are dragging this too much. Loved Tony and John working together and John/Rolf.

Stephanie and her drama was good, especially with Steve/Kayla/Adrienne involved. Glad the Johnson's are active as a family again.

Not bad today but tomorrow looks ok but should be another good day for Kate fans I think.

Archived