DAYS: EJ Spoiler

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fantastic post! ICAM

Soaps are built on second chances. Most of the characters on soaps in general would have been written off long ago if they couldn't be redeemed.

ITA with you IMissAremid - The selective morality is what I find ludicrous.....there are NO saints in this particular triangle, and really just about everyone on DAYS has done something reprehensible....I mean it's a soap. These are all pretty whacked out characters, and that's what makes them interesting. I wouldn't want to watch if they were normal....

• Members

Actually, we don't know for sure how this will play out, but IF they go with EJ having actually done this, then I just see it as a normal stumble on the path to redemption. It makes him more human as a character. To have him taking the abuse he's taken day in and day out without snapping would actually be ridiculous. He's not a saint, and I never wanted him to be one, so I agree with you- I prefer the shades of gray.

I think he has a ways to go to be accepted, BUT I also think he's done alot already. Turning his back on his family was huge. Trying to protect Sami instead of going for the stem cells to save his father's life - the man he practically worships - is really something that he's not getting enough credit for.

Oh well, I'm interested in seeing it plays out, regardless. :)

• Members

WORDY McWORD! THANK YOU! :)

Ugh what a [!@#$%^&*] loser, I hope Sami kicks his ass and cuts off his balls. I'm not a big Lucas fan, but yeah way to show respect to the woman you claim to love, by locking her husband and father of her child(ren) in a freezer

PATHETIC LOSER

• Members

Why do I suspect that this won't play out as the preview shows? I suspect this could be a case of bait and switch. EJ gets drunk and threatens Lucas, but Andre will likely do the deed, making sure that EJ gets full credit. I knew he had something up his sleeve when he was watching EJ and Lucas outside the Brady Pub.

Dawn, I totally disagree with you when you say EJ doesn't love Sami. He wouldn't have put his whole future with his family at stake if he didn't love her. That's JMHO.

• Members

I'm curious to see how this all plays out too. It seems strange to me that other than this promo showing EJ locking up Lucas that there were no other spoilers anywhere talking about Lucas being locked up in the freezer specifically by EJ especially considering Thaao let slip that Lucas would have a confrontation with Andre. I just would have thought if that was the case the soap mags would have been all over it in their reporting on this week to further their efforts to pimp Lumi and complain more about EJ.

• Members

I'm an EJami fan but I'm sick of this f*#!ing merry-go-round. Make a decision writers and stick to it. If they're going with Lumi, then just do it definitively for chrissakes. This is so stupid and a waste of my time. Why go through this whole redemption story if it's a total farce. I know that there are those of you on this thread that hate the character of EJ, so just bare with me OK, I'm venting. You're getting your couple and more destruction of EJ's character -- so congrats to you.

EJ saving Sami and Lucas during the past few weeks--what was that for? I don't get it at all. I don't get the whole thing at the mansion where EJ struggles with his conscience about the gun and whether or not to follow his father's orders and shoot everyone. If he's truly nuts, why didn't the writers just him pop Lucas right then and there. It would have made his father see that he does take charge, even if it's in a demented way, and it would have let Sami see what a monster he is and made more dramatic sense than this locking Lucas in the freezer crap. I adore EJami but I hate being bullsh*tted. I'd rather the writers just keep it real than play these games. If the plan is to get rid of EJ, and usually with this kind of character destruction that is usually what happens, then just get it over with quickly so I can follow this actor to a better soap.

• Members

I'm with you on this one. The writers need to quit trying to pander to both fanbases and just write a good story. The Lumi fans are delighted that the twins belong to Lucas, but other than that they haven't been given much to be happy about lately as the writing for Lucas hasn't been very good and Sami has become a weepy doormat. The EJ fans are being dumped on because the writing for EJ has been so inconsistent. One day he's redeemed; then he isn't. He's good; he's evil. He betrays his family; he tries to make amends with Stefano. Then there's Sami--one day she's confessing to Hope that she still has some kind of feeling for EJ, that he was a true friend, and they understand each other; then she's vowing she hates him and wants him out of her life forever. It's crazy, and instead of sniping at each other the fanbases should unite and just demand a good story with consistency from day to day.

I believe the writers are trying to appease the EJami fans with the Santo/Colleen story, and that makes me furious because they are new, different characters; they are not Sami and EJ so why would fans be pacified with these flashbacks? I'm one that would like Sami and EJ together, but I don't like the Santeen storyline and don't feel any kind of investment in the characters. I think Santo is kind of slick and creepy. And last week Lumi found out about their babies--then on Friday we get the fantasy scene with EJ killing Lucas and in bed with Sami. WRITERS, QUIT TRYING TO APPEASE EVERYONE! Pick a couple and write for them. If it's my favorite, great. If it's the couple I don't prefer, that's fine, too--as long as the story is good I'll keep watching anyway.

And, one last thing....could we please not make the Lumi/EJami debate personal? These are fictional characters and everyone has their favorites, for a variety of reasons. I think we should respect each other and each other's opinions. None of these characters have any standing morality-wise because they've all done bad things, and that's why they are so interesting and we continue to watch them day after day. Most people do keep things respectful, but once in awhile I read a post that seems to be intentionally inciting the other fanbase. We can argue our points without insulting other posters. I may think a certain character is lame or loud or spineless or bratty, etc., but I try to keep those feelings focused on the character and not attack anyone who may like them.

Rant over...off my soapbox....

Archived