DAYS: EJ Spoiler

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Does Sheffer even have a clue what he is doing?? I mean this as a serious question because his writing hasn't indicated that he does. This man's writing is so all over the place that inconsistency is the only thing that is consistent.

Days seriously needs to forget about trying to be politically correct and go with the storylines that have the most potential for being exciting, interesting and soapy.

EJ and Sami should be the future of Days. Individuals who happen to be different sides of the same coin. Two people who have intense chemistry and who, if together, could be a force of nature that would keep everyone in Salem on their toes.

Sami is on almost every day anyway, so at least put her with an interesting partner, give her back her fire and make her worth watching! And as for EJ, Days hasn't had an actor with James Scott's looks or talent for a very long time - hint: Wake up Days and take advantage of this man that has women of all ages sitting on the edge of their seats hanging on his every word and wishing they could be the object of his affection!!

• Members

ITA with this, especially the bolded part. Days never ever goes with the politically incorrect and adherence to this unspoken rule has gotten worse in recent years. Makes for a comfortable, loveable, predictable and ultimately lackluster show with zero surprise. But maybe that's what the majority of Days' viewers want and expect--everything to fit into a nice little moral package that makes for a pleasant and warm experience to watch. Bad guys are bad, good guys are good. No shades of gray, too difficult to handle. No split ups of destined couples. No morally challenging stories. No permanent deaths of beloved characters (recent spoilers notwithstanding). Different than what I hope for in a soap. I like unpredictable and morally ambiguous. But I think I'm the minority in the Days viewing audience. I only watch now because I'm more of a fan of some of the actors than of the show itself.

The more I read the Days' web boards, letters from Days' viewers and commentary in soap rags like SOW and SOD, the more I'm inclined to think that Days will never break out of this box. The viewers who TPTB pay attention to will never accept it.

• Members

Agreed. Lumi have been frontburner for so long, that I wouldn't care if they left the show -- permanently. They've been on pretty much every single day of the year 2007 and still hardly any storyline movement. It's time to move on.

"Out with the old, in with the new."

I'm tired of Lucas & Sami covering airtime when vets like Bo & Hope, John & Marlena should be used more frequently, actually having dialogue, and not just being puppets in this DiMera Vs. Bradys story. To have the 2 core couples of the show sitting around listening to Doug & Julie read those boring as sin letters and doing absolutely nothing else, pisses me off.

IT'S TIME TO SAVE DAYS, CORDAY! THE LUMI SHOW WON'T SPIKE YOUR RATINGS.

You would think with Alison Sweeney doing "The Biggest Loser," she'd have some time off. :rolleyes: Of course not.

Focuse on the characters that we know and love and make them play a key part in this story.

Every year, I'm always glad to watch DAYS during the summer, but this summer has been an immense disappointment, to me. Use Stefano, make him the villain he once used to be. His return has had no impact on the ratings, nothing big has happened this summer.

Let's go DAYS, the hourglass is coming to an end...

• Members

Great post, DaysForever. I feel this summer has been a wasted opportunity for DAYS. While the show isn't at its worst, it could be a lot better. Characters need to quit being so bipolar, we need day to day consistency, some storylines are featured too heavily while the vets are not used enough...but mainly the writers need to quit listening to fanbases and write the best show possible. In their efforts to appease viewers and throw crumbs out to everybody, they have ensured that no one is truly happy.

• Members

That's exactly what's wrong. DAYS' fanbases complain about every little detail. Let the writers write the show with some intrigue, violence, romance, mystery and actually shocking storylines, and it could all be fine. DAYS fans seriously need to stop complaining and getting mad just because a certain storyline or couple is not the way they want it to be. Just watch the damn show; otherwise, the writers do need to quit listening to them, once and for all.

It's time for some major changes; this show is pretty much over in about a year, unfortunately. I'd much rather want to see the show go out on a high note, then be cancelled like it is right now. I'm not saying the show is bad, it just needs a great deal of improvement.

Corday should use all the money the show has to use the vets on a REGULAR basis, balance out the storylines, use more sets, better music, etc.

• Members

I did until they started having Sami's rapist harassing her at every given opportunity. When this became the EJ hour I stopped watching.

Why are people surprised? This is who EJ was all along. He's NOT good, or noble or honorable. He's a sicko rapist. He wasn't ruined for any character or couple. If anything I see Lumi & Lucas being ruined to make EJ & Sami look viable

• Members

Exactly and I'm personally so fed up with it I'm rooting for Andre to do some major housecleaning!! As in Pronto!!

Eliminate the self-righteous characters that seem to motivate the self-righteous viewers, and trim the cast to a more workable size. Also eliminate characters that are wasting airtime and money - so quality actors can be given good storylines.

Days shouldn't focus on just one couple or one group of characters all the time. The DiMeras are all extremely talented actors who are underutilized. John and Marlena are good when they're allowed to do more than gaze at each other and suck face. Steve and Kayla are finally being written true to character. Bo is great as long as Hope is there to keep him from taking his stupid pill and being a self-righteous hypocrite. EJ is brilliant and interacts with everyone: he's not tied to Sami's panties to the point he wouldn't have a story without her. If Days is afraid to put EJ and Sami together and continue to throw the proverbial pot of gold in the trash, then let Sami and lucas take a very long trip to the moon because they're boring and add nothing to the show. Phillip is great - put him with Belle or let Belle and Shawn take the long trip with sami and lucas.

Someone needs to give Sheffer a Romance for Dummies book; and perhaps one for excitement and drama while they're at it. Maybe a crash course on Soaps 101 would help, too -- Something HAS to help because it looks like we had a couple decent months and are now headed back into the twilight zone.

And if TPTB at Days seriously believe soaps should provid moral instruction, they may as well hang it up now instead of waiting until '09. I've watched Days for years to see romance, excitement, passion, adultry, treachery, lust and all the other wickedly soapy things. I don't want characters to be smug, self-righteous twits or stick in the mud boring, and based on the ratings it seems I'm probably not alone!

Archived