DAYS: SOD Casting News & Spoilers

• Members

Casting News

Who's Staying

Kristian Alfonso: Fan-fave has inked a new deal. "I'm abolutely thrilled to remin at my first home, which is DAYS and I'm honored to be asked back for another two years," she smiles.

Julie Pinson (Billie Reed): The actress has also re-signed with the show. "I'm very happy about resigning; I love it there and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else," says Pinson. "Billie's been kind of on the back burner for a while. They've been busy using other people and telling other stories and so Billie's been patiently waiting for her turn and it's coming."

Cold Case

On Thursday, August 9, Lucas goes to meet Kate and finds himself in an icy situation. "I love scenes with Lauren [Koslow, Jate}," says Bryan R Dattilo. "It allows my character to have a certain amount of growth because of how he handles his mother now. It gives me the opportunity to play an adult."

When it says icy situation - it means literally (There's a picture of Lucas looking like he has frost bite; like he is locked in a freezer.)

Phillip discovers that he has son through a photgraph sent to him by Lauren. Lauren abandons the baby at University Hospital, where Kayla discovers him and instantly bonds with him. Jay Kenneth Johnson says, " I really hope they explore that and write a story for it. It could be exciting; I would love to work with Stephen And Mary Beth."

Shawn comes clean with Belle.

kate makes a bargain with Stefano.

Nick's lady from Vegas shows in Salem.

Philip and Billie head to Indianapolis.

SC

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good news about Kristian and Julie re-signing. I'm a little surprised at JP because although I love her, it seems the writers never know what to do with Billie. Hopefully, this means she will finally get a good story of her own.

This new baby storyline with Philip and S/K makes me even more nervous about Sami's twins. They already have Ciara, Claire, now Philip's baby is going to be showing up in Salem, and Sami's pregnant with two more. That's a lot of babies.

• Members

Excellent news regarding Kristian and Julie. I never thought Kristian wouldn't re-sign, but I was worried about Julie. I'm glad to know both ladies are staying, and here's to hoping for a story with Billie in the future.

I'm so excited for Philip's baby storyline. I'm glad that it is a son too. Philip already has a daughter, so now he has a son. That's great. And having Steve and Kayla in this storyline makes things even better. I find it hilarious how the real show and my blog parallel in storylines. Last month, I introduced an abanodned baby that Kayla is currently getting close to. Now, the show's doing it. :lol:

As for all the babies in Salem, prepare yourselves for the next generation in a few years. I see Salem High in the near future. There are so many little kids now. There's Theo, Claire, Ciara, Philip's son, Sami's twins.

• Members

Great news..I'm so glad that Julie Pinson is staying with the show...I was really worried she would be let go...Julie Pinson is just too good an actress to lose..Also its great that KA re-signed but i never thought she'd leave..p

Story wise, i love the steve, kayla, phillip storyline..this is exactly what the show needs to mix up the characters...But the lucas/kate thing is very vague..

• Members

In the 90s, DAYS had one of the largest younger casts in daytime, all played by twins aside from Colin O'Donnel as Shawn. There were the twins that played Brady, Belle, Will, Elvis, Abby and Philip. Am I forgetting anyone else?

• Members

YAY FOR KRISTIAN AND JULIE!! B)

I was so worried about Julie as it was a given KA would sign. The only thing that gave me hope was JP is a team player and loves the show so part of me knew she would take a pay cut with no issue. She also never complains so those were points in her favor. Also, Billie is Chelsea's mother and Hogan did write alot for her earlier this year.Same goes for KA. She never complains, even when she is backburnered, and I think the reason why we are hearing she has re-upped just now is because she took a cut. Last year, so many of the contract renewals were reported late so I think they are asking everyone to take cuts, which is fine. I think mostly everyone will. PR is up for renewal next and no doubt he will take a cut and stay.

The spoilers sound great. Good to see Billie and Kate involved. The Lucas/Kate stuff is very vague but seems interesting.

I knew Kayla and Steve were going to somehow end up with Philip's child. The hints were there. I hope they get Victor involved in this because the history between Victor and Steve/Kayla would be HUGE here. There is going to be alot of babies around, which sets up yet another future teen scene that I hope we don't see for a long time.

Very good news all around. Once again, Days is giving us a great August after just a "good" July (which was like a minor sweeps month, something Days never seems invested in :lol: )

• Members

God forbid!

Thinking down the road, if all these babies survive to the teen years (which will probably be sometime next year), won't they all be related in some way, thereby making it impossible for potential romance? I've been suffering from a killer headache all week so I don't really want to try to figure it out, but except for Theo I think the rest will be connected by blood. Although I guess Philip's baby will not be related to Sami's because Philip is related to Bo but not Roman, but then again Lucas and Philip have the same mother so.....see, my headache's back!!!!

• Members

Sami's babies: Brady/DiMera or Brady/Roberts(Horton)

Philip's baby: Kiriakis/Black or Kiriakis/Lockhart

Hope's baby: Brady/Horton

Lexie's baby: DiMera/Carver

So we have a possibility of two DiMera's; two Horton's; 1 Kiriakis/Black or Lockhart; 1 Carver and then the three Brady's.

Personally I still believe Chelsea will end up being Hope's daughter and that will relieve the "My mom slept with my bf", story.

Archived