ATWT: Inturn/CarJacker Spoiler

• Members

So anyone watch Inturn? I do!! Laurette the English actress with big curly hair who was sent home today got a little surprise!! Christopher Goutman informed her that she would be appearing for two weeks on ATWT!

She'll be playing Kit a bar owner in Idaho where Jack and Carly go together when they are working on a mystery!!!

I'm thrilled!! I love Laurette!!!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love Lauretta and I am thrilled about the little Carjack spoiler but especially happy that Lauretta got the two week role! I wasn't happy at first that she didn't get a callback but in the long run this may be even better. There was no guarantee she would win, but if she does well in this part, this could help open other doors for her. Congratulations Lauretta!

I know you commented in the other thread about Jessamyn. I thought she would be eliminated but I get the feeling they wanted to make sure that Lauretta got a shot on the show and she might not have if they left her in for the voting. I think Jessamyn will easily be eliminated by the voters. She has potential but she needs training. Right now I think it comes down to Ryan or Dyon and I am leaning towards Ryan but waiting to see how they do on the show.

• Members

True enough!! Ryan and I talked about that, they should hold a competition for new writers or something like that! I like InTurn, they are just going off the SoapStar stuff...I still love Laurette!

• Members

^I too have grown to see Goutman as a major part of the problem, as much as the writing. Even Laurence Caso was able to hold things together for a couple years after Doug Marland's death. That being said, with the wretched state Guiding Light is in, I wonder if there's some sort of mandate at P&G to let the shows suck harder than a Hoover. ATWT Spends time & resources on InTurn while GL is building houses and airing cheesy viewer home videos. :rolleyes:

• Members

It's all a promotional piece for the show trying to attract more viewers with an online reality show. And I doubt it cost the show much at all since obviously from the auditions a lot was paid for by advertising dollars. I see nothing wrong with doing it and it was fun to watch. It is only for a 13 week role so they aren't casting the show this way! And even day players need to have talent! It doesn't make casting directors look lazy since this is done for promotion.

There is a picture in the PGP blog today if Jack and Carly in the bar

http://pgpphoto.com/IMAGES/UPLOADED/active...1807232007W.jpg

• Members

I wouldnt mind having Laurence Caso back at ATWT as EP. LOL about your GL spending time.......a poster from another board posted......this...."If you watch GL". "We(They) will build you a house"....LOL. I so sick of the new new opening of GL and that crap what is your light. The show is even worse shape than ATWT. P&G should do some massive firings pronto!!

• Members

The heart pill sponsored it again this year and they did have several (at least two) "placement auditions" so yeah that works for them too. Plus Southwest is the airline that "sends em home!"

I'm on the fence...

• Members
I agree. InTurn is just something fun for the show. It's not like they actually think this inturn is going to save ATWT or anything. Like you said, it's a 13 week role...

On that note I'm glad Lauretta got this two weeks deal, I really liked her. Of the four left I thought Jessamyn was the weakest and I hope Dyon win because I'm not really seeing it with Ryan. I think he's a little stiff and he's not relaxed in his audition scenes.

Archived