2007: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The AMC credits were a bit screwy today.

it went

written by

CHIP HAYES

ADDIE WALSH

MICHELLE PATRICK

JEFF BELDNER

written by

STEPHEN DEMOREST

AMANDA L. BEALL.

I wonder if Amanda has been shifted back to the script writing team full time then?

• Members

OH MY GAWD! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :blink::blink::angry::angry:

I will hunt you down and string you up by your short hairs if this becomes true after you put it out in the universe, Adam! Mandy needs to go and get work on one of the many sitcoms I WON'T be watching this fall.

• Administrator

In defence of Amanda and every other script writer, sometimes the bad lines or bad scripts aren't really their fault. The scripts go through script editors, the head writer, the producers, the actors. Sometimes actors do ad-lib things here and there and the script writers get blamed for it. We will never know exactly who wrote every line, so I think script writers get blamed for a lot of things that's not their fault. On the flip side, if there's a great script, the script writer will totally get all the praise and credit. But yeah, most of the time, you can tell a good script writer from a bad script writer. Of course we all have different opinions on what is "good" and what is "bad." LOL

• Members

I've often said rabid dogs should be feasting on Jeff Beldner's danglers for letting half the crap Courtney Bugler writes get past him.

Ugh! That beach metaphor! Ugh!

Anyway, Elizabeth Korte does a better job at GH. The dialog is a lot better and tends to sound more like one writer. Kay Alden was right. Writer X should sound like writer Y who sounds like writer Z.

It shouldn't be days where all you have to do is hear bitch, tramp, slut 8 times in the first 30 seconds and know exactly who wrote that day's script.

• Members

So now she is handing off scripts to her children? No offense to this young guy..... but umm this isn't right.

Who knows what his major is anyway? I mean like come on? Who does she think she is> William Bell? This is so not right. Long time staples on that writing staff got shown the door just so her little kids can play "Go to Work With You're Parents Day"

Jesus Christ.

• Members

Okay pick the person to write the show that knows NOTHING about ther rich history of Y&R and have them write a script...Oh wait, Latham doesn't honor the history of the show either, so its no wonder she's giving her son the reigns to help her turn fans off even further.

• Members

Toups, this stuff is so ridiculous I'd think you were making it up if I didn't see it on screen! How the hell can Latham hire her 20/21 year old son with no writing experience?! Victoria Rowell who knows the show and wrote a well reviewed book can't write for the show, but he can? He couldn't even have graduated college at this point!

It's really SICK that all of these amazing writers are being fired in favor of Latham's friends. This is worse than what JFP does, IMO. Latham is firing great TALENT so she can have total control on the show.

• Members

This is beyond unbelievable!

I don't know what else I can say about this!

This is still a Bell Dramatic Serials soap isn't it?

Bill Bell Jr was running the company. Bradley was consulting during Alden and Smith. Lee is still alive.

Don't these people have any say in how their father's/husband's legacy is run?

Or are they just waiting for a serious slide in the ratings to swoop in!?

Archived