Lack Of Energy!

LumiLove

• Members

Ok heres a lil info about me. Im a 22 year old female. Ive suffered from depression, which is now gone. But lately ive gained a real lack of energy I used to be full of it. But no matter how long or short I sleep I always want sleep, I never have energy. I take vitamins as well. Im just curious if anyone out there could give me some advice because its taking a toll on my life and I dont know what to do. Thanks

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You could have chronic fatigue syndrome. You might want to go to your doctor and see if you can be tested. I'm 20 and I've had it since i was 14.

I can sleep for hours and still be tired when I get up. However there are times when I can sleep for days at a time (only getting up to use the bathroom). The first time it happened I couldn't get up even though I wanted to. I was just so damn tired. I think that day I slept off and on for 3 days.

• Members

There are plenty of reasons that this could happen. Chronic fatigue is one of them. By chance, could you be pregnant? Are you on medications?

I am on a lot of medications for various illnesses. One of the side effects is drowsiness. I have every single side effect ever known to man and then some so I can sleep all the time. I too have almost no energy at times and can fall asleep pretty much anytime and anywhere.

Try and get out into the sunlight and take a walk, even just around the block. Sunlight will help the lack of energy. And the exercise will help. Hope all is well and you feel better.

• Members

Everyone I work with thinks im pregnant ... but im not. Ive been trying but no luck! I dont have a family doctor anymore either so its hard. I take no medications. I take vitamins, thats it. I work out when I can or when I have the energy.

• Members

Everyone I work with thinks im pregnant ... but im not. Ive been trying but no luck! I dont have a family doctor anymore either so its hard. I take no medications. I take vitamins, thats it. I work out when I can or when I have the energy. Alot of the time the sun does help too, but I dont want to count on that. And I dont want to take something thats going to give me side effects or gain weight either

• Members

What about the vitamins you take? Have you checked the side effects? As someone who is almost always depressed, you need to force yourself to get out and do something, even if it is to walk around Walmart or around the corner. You may think you are over the depression, I have often felt that way, but you may not be. As Ryan said, you need to see a doctor. And soon.

If you want to discuss anything, just PM me ok?

• Members

Ouch Lumi that is terrible that you are not feeling energetic these days. I know that I always feel down whenever I have a lack of energy. What could be your problem is iron deficiency anemia. Believe it or not but a big guy like me actually had anemia about three years ago and trust me it was no fun. I was sleeping about 16 to 17 hours a day and then when I was awake well the tiredness just did not go away. I was in college at the time and had to withdraw for two quarters because of the anemia. I just could not read or write papers or do anything really except go to the dining hall and the bathroom and watch TV. What I would do if I were you is schedule an appointment with your doctor and have him/her do blood work to see if you are in act anemic and if your hemoglobin levels are down. In the meantime, go to the local drug store like Walgreens if you have one and see if they are selling Ferrous Sulfate over the counter. My doctor prescribed me Ferrous Sulfate when I was anemic and put me on a high dosage and within a couple of weeks my iron levels soared and I started to have energy again and it felt great. But yes one side effect of low energy is depression because you are sad that you can't do normal everyday activities. So my best advice to you is talk to your doctor and have him order a blood test....if it does show you are anemic, then he/she will prescribe you iron pills to take and more than likely they will give you Ferrous Sulfate but before you get to that point, see if the local drug store is selling Ferrous Sulfate over the counter. They are very good pills at raising your iron and yes you might have trouble with your bowel movements since it is rough on that part of the body but hey if it means getting your energy back up, it is all worth it. If you get it at the drug store, I would take 325 mg a day and I believe they sell them in those tablets so one tablet a day....if you want it back up quicker, go for 650 but beware you will be rushing to the bathroom quite often. You might be anemic if you recently had your period since it could have released excess blood and got rid of a lot of red blood cells.

Good luck! :)

• Members

Sounds to me (as a bystander who is in no way educated of any sort on this) like you're not over your depression. I've suffered from depression, and it truly doesn't end when you start feeling better mentally. People who've never had it don't realize how much a toll it takes on your body. So it could be that while your mind is feeling better, your body is still dealing with the depression and the aftershocks of it. I still have panic and anxiety attacks, which are tough for my body to handle, and always exhausts me, so if I were you, I'd talk to a doctor about it. And a lot of things can be fixed with just mild exercise and correct nutrition.

I hope you feel better soon :)

• Members

So I just found a vitiman im gonna try, Apple Cider Vinegar. It seems to cure some things im going through, so im excited. Wish me luck and thanks for all your advice. If this doesnt help I will go the doctors ... I promise :)

• Members

Yeah, maybe the depression's still there. Do you have regular meals? I know I need a certain amount of sugar during the day to keep me "awake".

The best thing to do is go to a doctor if you feel this is really taking over your life. I know I have days where I just feel like I have no energy to do anything or go out or whatever...but once I get going, that feeling of having no energy quickly goes away. It's very possible that many people who think they have no energy are simply just a victim of their thoughts.

• Members

Many people have already said what I think.

Pregnancy was one of the first things that I thought of. And I know you've been trying for awhile now. So you are sure you're not pregnant? Because I still might consider it a strong possibility, though it depends.

I am glad you are taking vitamins. That's very good, but I suggest yes if they don't work you should go to a doctor as soon as possible. I have a feeling you are still depressed, a very very strong feeling. That's just my opinion.

All I suggest at this point is go to a doctor and like Tishy said try to take walks if you can. It should help.

I definately hope you get better. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived