The Simpsons Movie

corrsfan01

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

It was good. I really liked it. A lot of like classic Simpson's episodes. The storyline was really good. There were a lot of sad, touching, family moments to go with the humor. I laughed the entire time. Definitely worth seeing. :)

• Members

Worth seeing for any Simpsons fan... but some people have hyped it up to save the series.... I didn't see it.

I saw alot of the same mundane humor the show has provided for the past 6 or 7 years. When I watch my DVD's from the prime of the series in the mid 90's the writing was so much more wittier and clever.

I dunno.... 6/10 I guess.

I initially expected this... then when I saw all the great reviews I was like wow I was wrong...

Well I proved to myself that you should always go with your gut reaction :lol:

• Members

Really, I thought it was much better then the past few seasons have been. It was a little bit of everything the Simpsons are, or at least I thought so. I didnt really expect it to be Emmy caliber or anything, and it wasn't, but I thought everyone was much more in character then they have been in the past.

What parts where you let down by?

• Members

One of the major things I was let down is some of the shows most focal characters didn't have one line. Where were Marge's sisters? Principal Skinner and Edna? They have been focal characters for the entire show. Sure they were "seen" but in the background. And I just didn't find alot of the jokes all that funny. I mean... I enjoyed it and yes I'd probably buy the DVD just because I am a fan of the show and it wasn't a waste of time. It wasn't terrible, but wasn't fantastic either. I just left the theatre I guess expecting a bit more.

One thing you did say Kylie which is something that took it back to the glory days it that... it actually was focused around the Simpsons themselves and the relationships they have with each other. In the last 5 or 6 years.... so many episodes The Simpsons seem to be reduced to supporting characters....

I personally think they should have used this movie to end the tired series and have it go out with some preserved dignity. The more and more it goes on, the more and more it travels further away from the groundbreaking trend setting piece of television history it was. 1993-1998 was the show's peak.... by the turn of the decade you could tell the writers were clearly out of ideas and the episodes did not flow as good as they used too and jokes became forced and dumbed down....

The Simpsons has not been a trend setter for years.... and when that happened is when the show should have ended. I still love "The Simpsons" but hate what they have been reduced to.

• Members

I agree about the rest of the cast, yes. I would have liked to have seen more of them, but then again, that's a catch 22. If you focus to much on the other characters, it's not the same. I liked it the way it was because it was the Simpson's doing their thing. Without the prop from the other characters.

I think a big problem with the show is that it never channges in terms of time. Heck, Bart should be older then me and Lisa about my age. t's always just the same things with them. I'd maybe like to see them grow up a little.

I don't know. I liked it. LOL Thought it was much better then previous seasons and that it was back to what I liked most about the Simpsons. :)

Archived