Hey Kids! Comics!

kade

• Members

HUGE Wednesday New Comics Day here! Absofreakinglutely huge!

Marvel has FIVE World War Hulk cross-overs (WWHulk, WWHulk: Frontline, WWHulk: X-Men, and issues of Avengers: The Initiative and Ghost Rider all connecting to the event), Mark Bagley exits Ultimate Spider-Man after over 100 straight issues, Hot new writer Matt Fraction (Iron-Fist, Punisher War Journal) drops his latest team book The Order with Legion Of Super-Heroes art god Barry Kitsen, Super-Hot Captain America is out (more of Bucky getting to the bottom of Cap's death), New X-Men wraps the return of Magick while Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man also ends a long running arc with Peter and Flash and Betty getting to the bottom of Miss Arrow...there's also a new Legion Of Monsters special (been loving these but wouldn't they have been better out at October), this one featuring Morbius! Bringing up the rear is a Wolverine: Origins annual and a Thunderbolts special...

On my DC pull this week the most anticipated has to be All-Flash Comics issue one, after last months rogue's gallery beat-down leaving Flash dead, what'll happen next? The "who knew" series of the month Black Canary is out, nobody saw how good this thing would be! George Perez draws my beloved Legion for the very first time when they team-up with Batman in Brave And The Bold, Red Arrow and Vixen are featured in a character driven done in one issue of Justice League Of America, backward thinking Shazam And The Monster Society Of Evil is out, great all-ages fun done in a retro Captain Marvel style...Mary Marvel in this series as a little girl kinda bugs me when she's all dark and sexy riding Black Adam's magic in the crossover heavy Countdown series...speaking of crossovers, Action Comics focuses on Jimmy Olsen and ties into Countdown and the mega-violent Amazons Attack! continues with Wonder Girl and honorary Amazon Supergirl taking down Air Force One to bring the prez to Queen Hippolyta for a chat...if Hippolyta's still alive as Princess Diana has realized she may need to take out Mom the way she did Maxwell Lord...Amazons Attack is a hot mess but it's gonna be the comic I read while driving home! LOL!

Kade

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived