ATWT related: Role call for a new character and another recast!

• Members

Wanted to give you guys a treat! Enjoy! So here are the basic summaries of two audition scripts that have graced the Bruno offices! Troy was listed as a recurring character, and his role is apparently a new one. However, DJ is a code-name for a character they are returning to the canvas. DJ is a three-year contract role. Apparently the show is trying to add a young adult to the canvas who is related to Tom and Margo to give them someone to worry over/interact with. It should be pretty easy to figure out who DJ is really [he vanished a couple years back mysteriously, but he's coming back baby!]. It should be pretty clear DJ= Billy Ross IMO.

Troy:

Troy is filing papers in an office with Luke confronts him. Troy puts down his folders and asks Luke what he needs. Luke asks why Troy has been ignoring his IMs and text messages. Troy pauses, saying he didn't realize the two were friends so he didn't understand why Luke expects him to remain in contact. Luke is visibly hurt by Troy's words, and exclaims that after what happened between them the other night, he expected the two of them to be- "something." Troy awkwardly informs Luke that he is a cute kid, and what they had was fun. Luke flashes to him and Troy standing within a confined environment as they furiously unbuckle each other's belts, before returning to the present. Troy explains that he was on that website to hook up, not to make BFF with someone or find a boyfriend. Luke argues, asking if he knows how hard it is, for him at least, to meet people who are like him? Troy suggests that Luke try getting out, and going to a gay club or something. Troy leaves the office, and Luke follows the young man out as he leaves. Luke moves to follow Troy out, and bumps into Noah who tries to talk to him. Luke blows off Noah to pursue Troy, and Noah is flustered.

DJ:

DJ is painting a wall when Maddie comes up and asks if she can talk to him. DJ is annoyed, and points out to Madeline (as he calls her) that he is currently in the middle of something. Maddie pleads with him that it will only take five minutes, and DJ informs her that she has one. Maddie asks if he was able to mail the letter to his cousin Casey for her yet, the one about how she is giving up and moving on with her friend Noah. DJ removes the letter from his back pocket and tears it up, saying he won't partake in any scheme meant to hurt his cousin. Maddie is furious and dumps a bucket of paint onto him, and DJ is stunned by her reaction. Maddie rails at DJ, exclaiming she can tell he is related to Adam and Casey because he's a jerk just like his cousins, before storming off. Angry, DJ wipes the paint off his face and pulls his shirt off, before punching a hole in the wall in frustration. DJ remarks to himself that normally a feisty woman with attitude like Madeline is just his type, but last time he dated one of his cousin's loves, his cousin wound up dead. He doesn't want to risk it, even if Casey and Madeline are no longer together. Maddie watches a shirtless DJ return to work, before leaving. DJ breaks out his cell phone and calls his Aunt Katie, demanding she tell her good friend Henry to keep his sister Madeline off his back.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmm....so a new character to get involved with Noah and Luke. A possible triangle....but not...LOL. Just a guy either getting his thrills with Luke. Or Troy is a gay slut.....LOL. I know a lot of those...LOL.

And why bring back Billy Ross? I liked the previous one. But to recast again....eh.....why not just bring back Casey. I guess they are going to get Billy and Maddie involved until Casey comes back. And we have another triangle.

• Members

I utterly hate the character of Billy Ross for breaking up my precious Jen and Bryant. I can see why JP would bring him back though, it's been said that he was her creation when she first joined the show.

Y&RWorldTurner I'm so with you about the new characters. The show needs to utilize the cast they already.

• Members

Why don't they ever bring back older characters and boost that cast? There are so many more interesting characters that the poorly recast Paul/Meg. Frannie, Sabrina, Andy, Chris, Lien, etc. could do the show a lot of good. Plus Lien being Tom's daughter would give him something to do. Frannie is Barbara's sister and Bob's daughter. Sabrina and Chris are Bob and Kim's daughter. Andy is Margo's brother.

But no, I guess viewers want Billy Ross and Brad...

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jul 6 2007, 10:05 PM)
Why don't they ever bring back older characters and boost that cast? There are so many more interesting characters that the poorly recast Paul/Meg. Frannie, Sabrina, Andy, Chris, Lien, etc. could do the show a lot of good. Plus Lien being Tom's daughter would give him something to do. Frannie is Barbara's sister and Bob's daughter. Sabrina and Chris are Bob and Kim's daughter. Andy is Margo's brother.

I totally agree Chris. It sure seems like Pissanante is going anywhere.....Sigh!....I've also heard Scott Holmes(Tom Hughes) has signed a new contract with ATWT.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jul 6 2007, 10:05 PM)

On second thought do we really want those interesting characters back. Remember Pissanante will butcher them up and ruin them. Just like she did with Adam.

• Members

Sounds like Billy will basically be a replacement for Casey and ultimately involved with Maddie. Wonder why they don't just recast Casey? It doesn't surprise me at all thought that they are casting a love interest for her. The role of Troy sounds like it could be very temporary but it also sounds like it gives Luke more story and airtime.

• Members

I'm venturing to think that Troy will just be a short-term character, but my call on that hasn't been very good over the last year (WHY is Vienna still on this show?!). It looks to be an interesting turn in the Luke/Noah story. I'm not sure I like the idea of Luke trolling for booty on the internet, though. He could have gotten hooked up with a complete weirdo.

• Members

Well Vienna is still on the show because a lot of us really like her. She was intended to be short term but caught on with the fans. Same for Iris that keeps coming back and I wish she wouldn't. Troy does sound short term but you never know. Henry started out short term too.

• Members

Vienna is the perfect example of how to bring on a new character. They didn't shove her down our throats and instead waited for the audience to fall for her and request more. Then they found paired her with Henry who actually needed a new love interest.

My problem with Billy Ross is that he isn't needed at all. Just make Noah bisexual and go forward with a love triangle with Luke and Maddie. Or bring Casey back. I just get sick of hearing of all these teen casting calls with no break. With Inturn we can expect another as well.

• Members

I'm glad you guys like her then. It just sucks because my favorite short-term characters never make it past a couple of months. I loved Carly's stripper friend Chardonnay from last year. And don't even get me started on Cheri.

Of course, I love the stripper and the madam lol

• Members

Want to de-lurk to say this is a great treat. As an "outsider" to ATWT, I have to say this sounds very authentic to me. My read on it:

Luke is having, very realistically, a short-term internet hookup. He's losing his cherry, if he hasn't already. It is with a stranger, borne of his sexual frustration. Luke, being so young in his heart, immediately confuses it with love...but it's just a hookup.

This AFFIRMS two things: (a) his sexuality (not that it needed to be affirmed, but we no longer have to worry about virgin Luke...which has caused some viewers to say he's just confused), and (B) that Noah is ringing his chimes, and he needs to take that frustration somewhere.

THE CLASSIC SOAP ROMANCE is one that is a rough road. We invest in a couple that struggles, struggles, struggles to be together. We, the audience, need to want it so bad it HURTS. Those are the CLASSIC love stories (Jenny & Greg, Luke and Laura, hell, even as recently as JT and the first Colleen on Y&R).

ATWT is doing EVERYTHING right with this Luke-Noah story, as far as I can tell. Obstacles, chemistry, bad choices....

Archived