Days,BIG possible spoiler

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

1984, I believe. The only time Andre logistically appeared on the show, as a matter of fact, although it was, after the fact, said that he killed himself in Aremid, not Tony.

But Andre logistically was last seen sinking in a puddle of quicksand along with Tony, while they tried to convince an island girl to rescue the real Tony. She succeeded, and Andre drowned. Poor Tony, though, Anna pulled a gum on him right afterwards, believing him to be Andre. LoL.

It was explained later, when Tony return in 2002, that Stefano apparently pulled him out of the quicksand at the last minute. Made enough sense, due to Stefano's having his hand in Andre's transformation to look like Tony and as they were cohorts. But still a bit much.

• Members

I am pleased by Hogan investing in Tony more as a character with depth and layers, as we saw last week, but this must be the trillionth time they've broken out Andre to explain crazy [!@#$%^&*] Reilly made Tony do. Come on now.

• Members

I would rather see a Jekyll/Hyde type story. Tony, because of the illness mentioned when he returned to Salem a few years ago and his hatred of himself because of evil things Stefano has forced him to do, develops an alternate personality--Andre--to help him deal with what he's become. "Andre" is the one who does the bad things, while "Tony" becomes locked up in his psyche and remains innocent. With the return of Anna, Tony begins fighting Andre for control and his personality begins emerging once again. They could still do the dual roles, with Tony and Andre fighting for control of the real Tony's body. This would also give Marlena something to do. Anna could begin to suspect something's wrong and ask Marlena for help. This way they wouldn't have to deal with all of the "who died at Aremid" questons--although I suppose, like Rolf, they could just say that it didn't take!

• Members

Me likey too. I would much prefer this scenario to just Andre again. This would be a fresh take and more entertaining. Although the entire Tony/Anna/Andre period was during the ten year period that I was unable to watch Days (divorce, work, no vcr) so I never saw them (Tony & Anna) as a couple. Maybe they will rewrite it so a real live Andre really never existed, but was always a split personality of Tony's and Stefano has always known it. :blink:

• Members

Days4Life that was awesome!!

I guess it could work of done right. Obviously Thaoo is better to watch now but I hate that this is becoming all about him. Jo Mascolo and Stefano should be front and center a bit more. I don't want the story becoming Tony's. We've had enough of him.

Archived