ATWT:Friday June 22 Episode

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

P.J., thanks for that! I hate my local station which always jumps into the soaps and never reairs the episodes. Grrr! Worst part? They waited for the commercials to finish before jumping in...

Sounds like I missed a good final segment. The only thing that bothers me is that Jade is once again going after Will and Gwen. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ What is the purpose of all this? She will NEVER have a shot with Will, so why continue ruining the character for this? Why not put her with Aaron? Or Dallas? Or Elwood? Or Dusty or Paul to play up the forgotten ties to Rose? Hell, what about Lily? I'll never understand why they gave Jade such an interesting family connection only for it to be dropped. Elena Goode deserves better.

How do you know she's not talking about Brad? :lol: Remember: Katie + Jack 4 Eva!!!!

*vomits*

BTW, I do like that Lily is off that damn ranch and has a friend. Wish they'd do the same for Holden. They write those two much older than they actually are. Hard to believe they were once one of the biggest supercouples on the show. :(

• Members

I had to strain to remember how the show finished up. Kind of boring day...and sometimes I think the previews were in the show.

Don't make me have to hurt you...I'm surprised there hasn't been some demented group of fans pushing for Barly (Brad/Carly) yet over at PGP. Ugh...can you imagine Maura hooked to Austin Peck's side in every scene? I think I'd cry.

I'm not Lily's biggest fan, but I could have kissed her the day she popped over to Carly's and didn't judge her. And I wish they'd let Holden and Jack talk again. If ANYONE could have made Jack pause over schtupping Katie, it would have been him. I kinda dig that Holden's taken over Seth's role in the family. (and for those who don't know, Seth is Holden's oldest brother. The calm, reasonable Snyder. I floved Steve Bassett.)

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jun 22 2007, 11:09 PM)
My local station didn't show the last segment so I missed all that. Could someone give me a rundown of what happened? Anything exciting in the clips for next week?

Chris, now that CBS is streaming the episodes, you can watch ATWT online, including the previews and real closing credits.

http://www.cbs.com/daytime/atwt/video/

• Members

For the life of me, I can't understand all of the ATWT bashing. I love it. It's one of the soaps that I really feel at home watching and thoroughly enjoy the episode. The Cleo/Will/Gwen/Jade plot is definately my favorite and I don't get why it's so hated. I think it's loads of fun and I love Jennifer Landon and all of the other actors involved.

• Members

I od'd on Cleo by week three. Especially since 98% of the scenes with Cleo are with Gwen and Will. I had a glimmer of hope Carly would be pulled into the story, but that went the way of the dinosaur.

• Members

Thats the mystery of the ages for me too. I struggle to see whats so bad about the show as it is right now. It doesn't look to me like the airtime is being hogged by anytime that doesn't deserve it or is not utilizing it in a good way. And the quality of the dialouge, the acting, the SETS, the clothes. All top notch and it all comes together in such a magnificent way.

The Cleo/Will/Gwen/Jade storyline? Its great because a lot of what has happened I NEVER expected to occur. I would have thought Gwen would have been kidnapped by now and Cleo living her life. In addition I thought Jade would have been torturing Gwen while Cleo falls in love with Will and eventually gets pregnant or something. I would have thought Cleo would have snapped by now once Gwen gets free and reveals herself to Gwen.

But none of that has happened yet. And I don't think it will. Instead the writers have written an excellent story that has had a lot of twists and turns. So I'm definitely enjoying the story and I look forward to next week at Branson. It appears like Cleo loses it a bit. I hope its at Jade. Cuz the girl needs to get a life.

And I'm loving Jatie right now. Although I'm glad Carly is back I must say that I really want them to focus on the business aspect of her. The part of her that wants to be independent and sucessful. Simon taught her that she could be a strong successful woman WITHOUT a man. Especially since shes a vibrant and creative woman.

Anyways regardless of how I feel about Carly I think its a shame that ATWT gets so much grief. I think that Days is basically the only other soap that can hold a candle to it. Along with Y&R.

• Members

Why are you wasting your time trying to find out reasons to not like a show that you love right now? It shouldn't matter what other people think about it. If you enjoy it, go right on ahead and enjoy it. I know I won't hold anything against anyone who is loving the show right now. You don't have to understand *why* so many people are upset with the show. Just understand that there *are* many people upset with the show.

• Members

Did I say I was trying to understand? I'm just letting the guy know that hes NOT the ONLY one feeling the same way. I feel that its a great show too and I'm enjoying it.

Calm down. I've noticed that he hardly comments on ATWT and I think its a shame. I don't know why he doesn't if he truly does like/love the show but I do have some speculations. Perhaps if he knew that there are others who don't think the show is stupid or completely off base then maybe he wouldn't hesistate to post. I know I sometimes question whether or not to even post my opinion about the daily episodes since I know I'm in the minority and hardly heard.

• Members

Um, dude, you said that you were "struggling" to see what's so bad about the show.

Oh, I'm calm. I hope you didn't read my tone wrong. I mean...you do have to understand that if you are in the minority about the show's quality right now, you can't expect people to reply to you in agreement. I'm not the type who feels black or white about a show, myself, so I quote and reply to things that I both disagree with and agree with about the show. I think it was a couple of days ago that I agreed and disagreed with Chris B. like five times in the same post.

And besides, the fact that you're in the minority shouldn't be a reason not to post. You say that psychofan would post more in the ATWT threads if he realized that there were others who like the show right now......well, my friend, that's kinda where you come in.

• Members

I guess I understand that some people are hesitant to post when they see the constant criticism voiced in a thread. 'Twas a time I was "the wet blanket" in these threads, two years ago or so.

But honestly, if I didn't care, I wouldn't be complaining. I half-watch Y&R, B&B, and GL, and I rarely bother to get worked up about anything on those shows, good or bad. (If you think I think ATWT is bad....holy crap, Y&R is a rotting, putrid, unsalvagable mess, comparatively. Christ, I'd take Cleo 24/7 over Y&R's Amber.)

Archived