DAYS: Friday, June 22nd

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fun lines of the day:

Celeste [to Lexie, after Lexie said Abe's prognosis was a sign she shouldn't reveal herself to him]: Don't be foolish. There are no signs. Come on. I of all people would know about that, yes?

Anna: Well, I'm not noble. I never have been. So you can save your little "taking one for the team" speech for somebody who really cares about the greater good.

Anna [to Tony, about coming to see him]: Oh, and, darling, please make sure the usual ghouls and knee crackers aren't hanging around, would you, hmm?

• Members

I can't tell you how much I agree with this. This one time a year where I can say that I don't mind the teens being on because it's summer and Days needs all the ratings help they can get. Some may not care for them but their are likely some that will turn on the TV and like them. Different strokes. I don't mind them. Jeremy is the only one I can't stand. The fact is they aren't even on much so it's no big deal. It seems Andre is right in that this story is being done in a way to balance out the Dimera/Brady story. I don't mind it as long as things continue how they are where the teens aren't monopolizing things. I also like how Shawn/Belle/Philip isn't even being shoved in our faces. I also think it's weird how Days seems to put the teens on early in the week and seems to save all the mind blowing stuff (every day has been pretty good but I digress) for the end of the week. Not a bad strategy. It's traditional for soaps to resolve cliffhangers early in the week along with moving story and setting things up for the drama and cliffhangers that come mid-late week. I think Days is doing a good job with that.

Oh, and I agree Mitch. It would be nice to get Christie back for a short run at least. I want some Carrie/Anna interaction. I still say kill off Austin but they could always try to get Patrick Muldoon. Love him.

Today was right on par with yesterday. I love Tony vs EJ. I also love how Stefano is adding so many layers to EJ. His concern for his father as evident when he had his coughing attack. I am not sure what to make of Stefano. Is he faking or not?

The Brady Pub scenes were good. Glad they acknowledged the Steve/John situation and the family not being so quick to forgive Steve was realistic. Alot happened and I am glad it isn't being swept under the rug. I think it's clear that Steve is on some sort of undercover mission. I think he is doing this to prove he is really back and to make up for his actions. His scenes with the Dimera's were funny though. Great one liners today again. I also loved the reactions to Anna wanting a reward. Anna is being written so in character. Loved it and I agree...major sparks between Roman and Anna. I am liking JT quite a bit right now and it's because of LeAnn. It will be tough with Tony and Anna though and I just loved their phone conversation. The nicknames and...wow. They oozed chemistry even in a phone call.

The ending with Stefano learning of EJ's betrayal was very good, as was Tony's reaction and the end line. I was also happy that Steve showing up wasn't in spoilers. Good surprise. I just loved seeing so much vet interaction these past two days. It was wonderful. Days is so back it's ridiculous.

The Lexie/Celeste stuff was filler but I like how they are doing the aftermath. Lexie went through hell and it's clear she is having trouble dealing with it, especially with her "aged ten years" comment. I just love Renee and Tanya working together and loved her reunion with Theo.

Overall, a good week that turned into a great week the past two days. Days is on fire!!

• Members

I'm watching now 25 minutes in..and loving every single minute of the show...Anna who i already love and its only been 2 episodes....Also i'm enjoying Steve getting in on the action..STEVE is back...thank you...Stefano, EJ, and Tony great stuff again...Now it makes sense why Stefano has such a fondness for EJ, he resembles his father..Also Thaao is doing some amazing work this fun, its like he's totally rejuvenated...I really loved when Bart walked in and mentioned the Brady's having their meeting...EJ say's "all of them".....then Tony replies "he's asking because he's interested in a particular pregnant blond"....then Bart mentions Anna being there..

About Celeste and Lexie...we needed these scenes..Its stupid to bring Lexie back and not to use her...I'm just waiting for her first scenes with Stefano and for her to slap Tony when she finds out he was behind her dissapearance..

And i agree with Mitch, Days is back baby..

• Members

Yes--Inman and Donato were listed on NBC today.

I was so surprised by Steve showing up at the DiMansion. I think he's doing an undercover thing....but I'm not sure. Love how this show is actually surprising me right now!

I could sit and watch these scenes with the Dimeras all day long. We're getting so many layers and so much character development that I'm just silly with happiness right now. And I really think Tony is actually Andre, but I'm not sure because in his talks with Stefano he's given real reasons for why he's changed so much. So maybe it is Tony...but I don't think it is. However, the show is throwing so many surprises at us lately that I really don't know for sure!

• Members

I'm watching Live...thus the extra posts..But the kid that plays Theo is so cute..Nice reunion scenes with Lexie and her son..And also what a shock to see Steve show up at the Dimeras..It was a pleasure seeing Stephen, Joseph, and Thaao in scenes together..It doesn't get much better than that...I'm pretty sure Steve is on his little undercover mission to get back on the Brady's good graces, but this is still a nice twist..

• Members

HAH! It was just a month ago I was defending you when you were the only one trying to be positive about the show, along with myself and a couple others!

You and me, Phoenix... (points to my eyes with two fingers, then points to your eyes with two fingers) ...I got your back! :-)

I still think there's more to the teen's story then we know right now. There's something up with Jeremy and Jett, and I don't quite know what it is. Is it keeping me up at nights? Not really. But I'm curious to see where it goes. We are clearly NOT supposed to like Jeremy, so I wonder if we'll get a redemption story.

• Members

I'm watching the eppy right now and I'm LOVING it. Tony and EJ are CLASSIC. I love this brother dyname. Its so fierce! And Tony blantantly saying how he would enjoy watching him die....sent shivers down my spine.

And Anna was better today for me. She was a lil comical. And I loved how she wanted money to do the assignment.

As for the teens its been wierd not to see them. And I agree that they should be on since it is summer.

• Members

I got caught up in a sci-fi show and missed Days today ..... but I did get up and put a tape in to record it, just haven't had time to watch. Sounds like a keeper to me and I am so happy that Days is back to where I was really loving it. The DiMera's add so much history and directions for stories. Anna and Roman sound pretty good, but I adored Tony and Anna.

I so agree. The teens actually haven't even begun the Vegas story and it could be watchable. I think NuSteph is stepping up and so is Jeremy. Jett was disappointing to me dissing Nick without knowing the history of Chelsea and Nick. Rather shallow seeming. But, I think Vegas could be fun. Hope so.

• Members

OK I thought this was another great episode. Not quite as good as yesterday's because the Lexie-Celeste bit kind of dragged I thought, but still quite enjoyable.

I haven't had a chance to read any of your posts til now so sorry if I'm being redundant but this is what immediately comes to mind.

Love love love the Tony-EJ rivalry. So intense and I loved the "dungeon" reference. They seem to be clearly foreshadowing something really awful is going to happen to EJ not that unlike when Stefano locked up Tony while Andre was the Salem Slasher and Anna had to rescue him. Sheffer had an interview that said he became a huge Tony and Anna fan based on watching a lot of 80s tapes (bestill my heart... I can't believe I am starting to like this man even after how much he's screwed me over as a fan of EJami) so I wonder if he's sort of making EJ like 80s Tony. I would love it if that was the case because whether Thaao is currently playing bitter, crazy Tony or plain, old psycho Andre, I am loving him too much as the evil and caustic villain to want him redeemed. And I don't see anything about the way he is written now if he is actually Tony that should preclude him and Anna reconnecting even if he is not redeemed.

Loved that Stefano got his evil music back and we get to see that he hasn't actually gone soft with the threats at the end.

Lucas really really sucks with his emotional blackmail stopping Sami from helping out in the feud, forcing her to get the amnio and then threatening to leave her. My heart really went out to EJ when he made that phone call even after he saw Sami nuzzling with Lucas. I know a lot of you hate EJ so you love it, but for me it's just downright painful seeing him used and abused the way he is now when just a couple months ago it seemed like he had the upper hand over everyone in Salem. This torment he's going through now better result in him being redeemed so Sami will choose to be with him because if that's not going to happen I'd rather him just be evil and have fun doing it than have to sit through all the EJ suffering.

Love the DiMansion's princess phone. It's so nice seeing luxury on this show again after being stuck with that drab and craptastic island hotel set for months.

The Steve development is intriguing and the zzzzz line was quite good and sold well. The John-Steve hug was interesting to me too, but probably more because of a rumor I read at TWOP about the two actors rather than what that meant for their characters.

Monday's episode looks like it will suck though based on previews, unfortunately. At least Sami's horrible hair is fixed again. Billie looks weird to me though. I know it was just a quick snippet but I don't think I like whatever highlights/extensions/plastic surgery she got while she was off our screens the past five weeks.

And to you special effects obsessives... once again you got your fade to black instead of freeze frame, but I have a question because I only started noticing this stuff because of people posting about it here. Has Days always superimposed pictures between their preview clips? Because I noticed it for the first time today. Right after the Sami-Marlena scene and before the Lucas-Billie one they flashed a pic of EJ and then right before the Stephanie-Chelsea scene they flashed a pic of Nick. Damn you all for making me pay attention to this crap instead of what is actually happening in the previews.

• Members

I don't know what to think about Steve. I like that they wrote Steve of all people to be the one to bust EJ though as sort of payback even if Steve didn't know what he was doing when he busted the secret about Anna. That was a nice touch.

And I did not gush enough about Leann Hunley in my first post so I am just going to say I love her, love her, love her. I only know 80s Anna through YouTube but the way she's livened up the show in just two days time it makes me so happy to know she has an Emmy for this role. She's amazing. Thanks Thaao for pushing so hard for DOOL to bring her back.

Archived