ATWT: Monday June 18 Episode

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Margo lost all my respect when she tried to play Carly a few weeks ago by trying to make her out to be a horrible mother. And the same goes for Tom. Both of them can STFU and disappear from my screen. Definitely don't miss them when they're not there and even when they're on screen they're not doing anything special.

Carly's look is awesome I think.

Katie and Jack belong together. FLOVE that Jack told Carly that they're nothing. Because they are. They're ex-spouses and thats it. Its time that both moved on. Cuz clearly they're not made for each other. But more to the point I do think that its the easy way out to have Carly and Jack reunite after they've caused each other so much pain and proven time and time again that they will NEVER see eye to eye when it comes to "The Rules". Or more specifically, "The Law according Jackass". They will never agree on when its okay to bend or break the rules. They'll never agree on what rules are important and what rules aren't. They'll never reach an accord on what the appropriate length to go in a tight situation is.

I could go on but I know it won't make much of a difference. I just hope the writers don't put them together because to me it would be very fake. In real life if a woman did to a man what Carly did to Jack I highly doubt he would ever even speak to her again. Vice versa in real life if a man did to woman what Jack did to Carly I think its impossible and morally wrong, to be honest, for her to go running back on all fours begging for another chance (which is probably what is going to happen if CarJack fans have their way).

I think both the actors that play JJ and Parker are EXCELLENT actors. I swear everytime I look at Parker I'm like, "WOW thats the Son of Carly to a T!" and the same goes for JJ. They both have great skills at expressing a wide range of emotions and

Wow Craig really had me feeling bad for him today. But too bad so sad. He knew from DAY ONE that Paul and Meg were truly meant for each other and yet he still fell for her.

Lily looked fabulous today! And last but not least I LOVED how Carly KNEW in the depths of her soul that JJ was responsible! Thats a MOTHER if I ever saw one.

• Members

Martha Byrne looked HOT today! *yum!* I coulda done without the blue eyeshadow, though. :blink:

Lucinda was hilarious today! "Don't you look dapper!" :lol:

I wouldn't want Tom or Margo to ever leave my screen. Yes, the current regime is writing them rather haughty and at times, I want to slap them both, but never would I wish them to vanish off my screen. Those two characters have an extremely outstanding history with the show and to get rid of class acts like Ellen and Tom would be an outcry! :rolleyes:

I have always liked Daniel M. ("J.J.") better than Mick H. ("Parker"). And neither "Faith" nor "Sage" impress me all that much, either. I agree with Chris. Mick is rather one-noted in his portrayal of Parker. Even when he was happier, he still had that "sarcastic, moody, temperamental" vibe to him.

Jack & Carly are meant to be. They are one of the show's main supercouples. I definitely don't see them seperating for good. It'll never happen.

Paul's visions....UGH!

Scott Bryce and Marie Wilson have NO chemistry together. I would not be able to stand Meg/Craig as a real couple! Their scenes together wreak of artificality!

• Members

Scott Bryce and Marie Wilson have NO chemistry together. I would not be able to stand Meg/Craig as a real couple! Their scenes together wreak of artificality!

Boy do I agree with that. Maybe if Craig was Hunt Block then I could see it. But she has absolutely no chemistry with Scott Bryce at all.

Jack & Carly are meant to be. They are one of the show's main supercouples. I definitely don't see them seperating for good. It'll never happen.

That's for sure....they have amazing chemistry....and since this is a soap....who cares what they've done or haven't done...I love watching these two steam up my screen.

• Members

I for one do care...yes soaps are NOT meant to be 100% realistic but there is a line between soapish and complete bs. I would hope that ATWT wold both gives its viewers more credit and respect us enough to not go down that painful obvious and yet distastrous road/ And in return viewers should actually look at the situation in a logical manner. But I know thats never going to happen when it comes to CarJack. Jack could call Carly a whore, a b*tch, even rape her and still legions of fans would throw them together and say its, "destiny" and yell a billion times how sorry Jack is and how he deserves another chance. Ewww its bad enough that I hear The Queen of Sluttiness Brooke Logan say that every other minute on B&B now its being tossed around like its a fact when it comes to Carly and Jack. Oh well we'll just wait and see. I know what I'm praying for but I also know the industry and how predictable soaps are right now so I won't be surprised if you get your wish. But I'll be glad when CarJack is broken apart in 3 to 6 months. And I'll feel pretty bad for JJ and Parker since the fans will basically have provided the amono for killing one or the other by this point.

Faith has impressed me a lot. Sage is still a child so I don't know what people expect from her. Lord the girl can barely say her lines without giving that ridiculous yet charming toothy smile...lol. I definitely don't care if shes turning in emmy award winning performances in the 3 to 5 minute scenes she has with her onscreen family every so often.

I really do miss Hunt Block. No one could make Craig hilarious like he could. Even when the bastard was being evil you couldn't help but laugh at how he pulled it off. Having him sleep with Jen was the worst thing to ever happen the character. I don't know if he can ever be redeemed after all that crap.

But then again Emily is sorta making a comeback so I guess theres a modicum of hope for him...

• Members

I think Scott and Marie have chemisty, it's just not meant to be romantic.

I for one do care...yes soaps are NOT meant to be 100% realistic but there is a line between soapish and complete bs. I would hope that ATWT wold both gives its viewers more credit and respect us enough to not go down that painful obvious and yet distastrous road/ And in return viewers should actually look at the situation in a logical manner. But I know thats never going to happen when it comes to CarJack. Jack could call Carly a whore, a b*tch, even rape her and still legions of fans would throw them together and say its, "destiny" and yell a billion times how sorry Jack is and how he deserves another chance. Ewww its bad enough that I hear The Queen of Sluttiness Brooke Logan say that every other minute on B&B now its being tossed around like its a fact when it comes to Carly and Jack. Oh well we'll just wait and see. I know what I'm praying for but I also know the industry and how predictable soaps are right now so I won't be surprised if you get your wish. But I'll be glad when CarJack is broken apart in 3 to 6 months. And I'll feel pretty bad for JJ and Parker since the fans will basically have provided the amono for killing one or the other by this point.

It's amazing how clearly someone can punch holes in things they don't like, but ignore the faults of their personal favorites. LOGICAL MANNER? Okay...let's start with the logic of Jack pursuing Katie, a "woman" who has not only proven herself to be a scheming Junior version of Carly, but an adulterous little piece of baggage to boot. That JACK SNYDER, of the loyal to a fault Snyder Clan would even LOOK at that treacherous, poor excuse for a human being, who never thinks of anyone BUT her self until SMACKED in the face with her own faults, is BEYOND ridiculous. But, I "suck it up" and excuse the "complete bs."

Just because you don't like Carjack, stop insinuating "Carjackers" are mindless idiots who will take anything just to see them reunite. Forgiveness is a universal theme, and frankly I'd think you'd be more than aware of it, given that you just got your posting privledges back.

I'm astounded by the hostility in your post, when no one has come close to provoking you.

• Members

Hostility....yeah....so you took my comment about legions of fans as the insult of the century. Get real. There was nothing there that could possibly warrant a "OH NO YOU DIDN'T" and "OH THIS IS WAR". I simply said I would love if everyone (and I mean people in Daytime in general who watch ATWT) look at it in a logical manner and that includes me too. And if you do I don't see how you can expect some reunion between the two of them.

You'll notice that I didn't say Katie was perfect. She has her faults just like Carly. But definitely not to the same degree as you've already admitted. Yes she has a history...with OTHER people. When has she EVER been any of those things to JACK!? I don't think she ever has. People change and so far Katie hasn't really been mean or selfish or any of those things while shes been with Jack. In fact besides the whole gunning for Carly and Simon thing last year I can't remember when Katie has been vindicative or anything towards Jack on purpose as a result of being around him. Bottom line is that Jack brings out a BETTER side of Katie and that for me shows that they could possibly be a couple that would last a long time. Jack is never going to trust Carly again. And while I'm sure the writers will make him say the words he'll never truly love Carly because he'll ALWAYS want to change her.

SO NO I don't find it ridiculous. IF anything its more ridiculous that people expect some grand magical reunion between two people who have hurt each other more times than they can count rather than see that its MORE likely that they would move on. Even if its with Katie.

As for Jack hes not perfect. He makes mistakes and to put him on some pedestal is probably the worst thing I've heard all day. Uh I'm pretty sure Jack has cheated. I'm pretty sure Jack has broken the rules. I'm pretty sure that Jack persued Carly so WHY NOT persue Katie? Hes attracted to girls like Carly even if he doesn't want to admit it. Well hes found a perfect balance of "bad girl" and "good girl" in Katie so I don't see what the problem is. Are you're saying hes too good for Katie? Just like I'm sure most people believe hes too good for Carly but hey they're destined for each other so why not just throw them together YET AGAIN. How original...

And soapsuds you're passing judgment on Katie? How many times has Jack been married AND divorced? In fact how many times has Carly been married AND divorced. Oh wait then theres Paul, Craig, Lisa, Barbara, Meg, Lily (I believe), and countless others who have come thru Oakdale.

Thats not really a valid argument. People get married and divorced in Daytime. Whether its for the right or wrong reasons its just a fact. People make mistakes and granted some make them more than others (ie Carly and Katie) but how you can just automatically say they're not "worthy" or "gf/wifey" material is beyond me.

As for Katie and her tendency to spread em I'm not going to say that all the women on the show act like that but in reality its not really that big a deal that Katie enjoys sex. And that maybe a guy would probably enjoy sex with her. TC is a beautiful person although the character she plays is very ugly to me right now on the inside since as a Simon and Carly fan I'll never forget what she did to them and those kids last year. But thats besides the point. Why should Katie be villified for enjoying an act of love?

This is more about the intense hatred at Katie for the threat she poses. As of now I can see her and Jack together or her and Brad rather than Carly and Jack. Once again because history has show that the two of them just don't last together and are not meant for each other. Katie on the other hand has NEVER been in a relationship with Jack so how can anyone including myself judge how she'll act or be. Its not impossible that Katie could change for the better. As for me not liking Carly and Jack together that only happened after the Nick Kasnoff incident. Before I liked them together. Things change. I'm not randomly pulling my dislike for the pairing from thin air and I'm not giving invalid reasons.

As for forgiveness being a universal them I agree that it is. But that doesn't mean everything is forgiveable does it? As for me I don't even know what I was forgiven for so don't try and play that card with me. I already know who I suspect was responsible for that incident and I've decided to move on. When I tried to PM certain people to find a resolution they decided to act all "terrified" and make some vague and intended to be funny remarks in the the lounge area.

There is no malice or attitude in any of the above words. Just simply laying out the responses to each of your points. I know I'm objective when it comes to most if not all the characters on the show.

• Members

By asking valid questions? And how is 1 person a gang?

I simply read his post and responded to his attempts to make me this blind person incapable of seeing whats in front of everyone. The whole situation with Carly, Jack, and Katie is a complex one and therefore it can't just be talked about in 1 to 2 sentences. Its not just, "Oh Katie is evil. CarJack belongs together. The End"

And yeah when you can answer any of those questions with valid responses then we can talk. Instead all that happens is you decide to make it about something else.

• Members

First off you didn't respond. You said, "you're ganging up on people". Once again how am I ganging up on people by simply laying out my views and the facts to back it up. I think I make a much stronger case than just, "Oh Katies a tramp". And if you bothered to read any of my posts you'd see that I agree with you regarding Katie and Carly. I don't think either is perfect. But I do think Carly is a better person than Katie.

Just not for Jack.

Once again I mentioned all the reasons above. Katie not being in relationship with Jack before. Jack's attitude towards Carly in the past and present. Carly and Jack's horrible history of hurting each other.

But most of all why is it about Katie and Carly when really it should be about Jack. The Master Manipulator. The one who always manages to claim that hes better than the rest of them (Katie, Carly, and Brad).

Archived