ATWT: Monday June 18 Episode

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All I got to say is this: Katie better get ready to say "It was nice while it lasted." Katie has to realize that she's fighting a losing battle where Carly is concerned....

Love the CarJack scenes....

Loved Lucinda but HATED the whole Meg/Paul/Craig/ crapfest.

Glad we have CarJack (minus Katie) tomorrow.

• Members

Pretty solid show today. LOL...loved that the only real "guests" at the wedding are "board members" (aka unnamed extras) Craig ordered to attend his wedding. At least I won't have to whine about why family members who should be there, aren't.

I found the Craig/Meg scenes a little (actually a LOT) creepy.

Loved the Carjack family scenes. Parker's so his mother's son..."I don't want to go, but at least let me do it on my terms..." That is exactly something Carly would say. I'm actually a little ticked that Jack said something like "we're nothing anymore" to Carly, when before it's always been about them "being parents".

*snicker* FLOVED that Jack wouldn't kiss Katie in front of Carly. FLOVED that Carly sniped about how "helpful and perfect" Fluffy is helping Jack with errands. FLOVED that Katie even tried to cozy up to Jack and agree with him about sending Parker away, suggesting Carly was only doing it to get on Parker's good side, and Jack did a 180 on her, admitting he was frustrated with Parker, and that he really believes that Carly believes it's a bad idea. FLOVED that Katie got sent to the porch so Carjack could deal with JJ. FLOVED that Katie just disappears into the background whenever Carjack's in the same room.

Katie is TOAST. She can start lining up "Soulmate No. 812", because it's all over except the cryin'. Oh...yeah.

• Members

LOL Katie definitely does melt back into the woodwork when CarJack is around :lol: She's truly delusional if she isn't noticing a change in Jack's feelings for Carly :P And I'm very glad that we are getting to see Jack's anger with Carly starting to break. The scenes at the farmhouse were terrific! Jack and Carly are really making the show for me right now.

I'm definitely not a fan of Craig/Paul/Meg and the wedding scenes were definitely kind of creepy but at least more entertaining than their story has been for me. I loved Tom's comment that if you are going to buy the bride you might as well rent the guests too :lol: This is one wedding I am happy that so few regulars attended.

Previews look really good for tomorrow!

• Members

This episode showed how good the show could be if they dumped Passanante as headwriter. The script was nice, loved the interaction with Craig/Margo, Carly/Kids, Tom/Margo, etc. and the a more complex Craig, Lily/Lucinda, etc/ but Passanante doesn't back it up with her storylines.

If they just featured more characters in better storylines the show would be excellent. The problem is directly at the top.

Most people gush over Parker, but I must say I think the actor who plays JJ is much better. He's shown so much range whereas Parker always has the same one note moody demeanor in all of his scenes. These past couple of days JJ has been great expressing his guilt over what he'd done to Faith, while also maintaining his dislike for the way Parker has been acting. Love him (and Faith and Sage)!

Martha Byrne looked amazing today, but they're very hit or miss with fixing her up. Anything is an improvement over her disasterous Emmy look.

• Members

I totally agree with everything you said here. I couldnt have said it better. It was a good show. Imagine the possiblities if ATWT had a great HW writer to write for these great actors.

Sidenote...gawd...I will be glad when Paul's stupid visions end.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jun 18 2007, 04:53 PM)
This episode showed how good the show could be if they dumped Passanante as headwriter. The script was nice, loved the interaction with Craig/Margo, Carly/Kids, Tom/Margo, etc. and the a more complex Craig, Lily/Lucinda, etc/ but Passanante doesn't back it up with her storylines.

If they just featured more characters in better storylines the show would be excellent. The problem is directly at the top.

Dare we hope that since Maura, Jen and Maria Wagner all made no mention of JP in their acceptance speeches, there might be a change afoot? Maria mentioned "the writing team" and both she and Jen named the other producers but JP's name was never mentioned.

For awhile we didn't see as much of JJ so I think it was natural that more of the talk was about Parker. Now that we are seeing him more, I have to agree that the young actor, Daniel, is very talented. I have been very impressed as we see more of him. I like too that he can be subtle and still really get his message across. I still like Mick Hazen too and look forward to seeing in the future how he can play a hopefully less angry Parker.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jun 18 2007, 03:53 PM)
Most people gush over Parker, but I must say I think the actor who plays JJ is much better. He's shown so much range whereas Parker always has the same one note moody demeanor in all of his scenes. These past couple of days JJ has been great expressing his guilt over what he'd done to Faith, while also maintaining his dislike for the way Parker has been acting. Love him (and Faith and Sage)!

If this is all you've seen of Parker, I could see how you might think he's kind of one-note. But Mick's had excellent scenes throughout the year, that showed more than his surliness. I think JJ's coming along. But he's definitely had less time on-screen to develop the character.

• Members

I rarely miss an episode so I've definitely seen most of Parker, I still don't see all the hype with him. I like him with Faith, but thats it. He's not terrible or anything, but when compared to Faith and JJ, I don't think he's as good.

• Members

Today's show was great! I laughed at Emma when Craig asked if he could call her mama..."I don't think so big boy.....not now not ever"!! Loved that.

Carjack was awesome today. I love the way Carly coaxed the truth out of JJ. It was so well done. I couldn't help but think to myself that MOST dad's would react like Jack....all frustrated and not hearing anything except themselves. And MOST mom's would act like Carly...trying to get JJ to open up.

It was so nice to see Jack's face when he realized Carly was right all along. And boy did Caty feel like a fifth wheel or what. When he wouldn't kiss her in front of Carly that said it all. We are finally getting the Carjack angst I've been waiting for. Maybe soon I won't have to live on past episodes of Jack and Carly through YOUTUBE!! LOL

Can't wait for tomorrow.....that episode looks awesome.

Archived