All: Soapnet has really gone downhill

• Members

So now they move the Days Marathon Sunday, to early Monday morning, which used to be the timeslot for the second AMC Marathon.

So now both Days & AMC get shafted.

Oh and what do we get in exchange for this? Even more 90210, OTH, The OC and whatnot *gags*

FRONS YOU SUCK <_<

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was looking for Days yesterday and was wondering what happened. I used to catch teh marathon on occasion. Now I cant watch Days at all and I was looking forward to checking out Anna's return and the Dimera story. Thanks alot Fronsie

• Members

I was also looking for DAYS this weekend because I missed Friday's episode. Come to find out it comes on at like 4am. *Not* happy about that. Didn't have a blank tape to tape it, and I wasn't staying up to no 4am, so I suppose I was screwed either way. Now I don't really see the point in SoapNet anymore if I have to go through all that trouble to see my soaps. Might as well just tape them on network TV during the day

• Members

Is it at all possible they could be sabotaging Days on purpose? Like ABC wants to ensure Days doesn't steal viewers from its soaps?

Either way I really hate all the ways they've screwed over DOOL lately on that network, changing the episode times, eliminating the second airing of the show, not airing Friday's epi at all because of the Emmy preview stuff, and then now pushing back the Sunday night DOOL block to air overnight.

• Members

I find it odd that SONY is letting them do this.

Last night, I was at a friend's house, drunk, and checked out SOAPnet and was shocked to see the DAYS marathon in the GRAVEYARD hours of the night for no reason at all.

If Frons REALLY cared about soaps, he would realise that daytime should be his #1 Priority. This genre of programming he oversees on network television.

• Members

The only reason I ever watched soapnet back when I had digital cable was for dallas and ty treadway. Now that I own almost all the dallas seasons and ty's show was cancelled I have no need to watch it anymore. I can't believe frons is letting primetime overtake soapnet, shows like dallas/dynasty like that are more soap like whereas these other shows should be getting re-aired on CW late at night or some other basic cable channel. They need to start developing more soap like shows to go along with all those re-aired soaps and older soaps/shows.

• Members

Honestly I dont even watch SN anymore myself. The only thing I watch is Melrose Place on Saturday morning. I dont watch any of the other shows. I will check out NS, but thats about it from me. Frons has destroyed the channel

• Members

I missed the 2nd half of Days on Friday and was appalled I had to wait until 4 AM this morning to get it. Which of course meant I couldn't watch it until tonight when I got home from work BEFORE today's episode.

How annoying is that? Especially when they had all that time over the weekend they could have been running it.

Then there's The OC & One Tree Hill, which I know are recent youth shows, but still, I'd MUCH rather watch Knots Landing again or Falcon Crest which I haven't seen in years. Or even Flamingo Road with Morgan Fairchild. Especially since those shows are NOT on dvd and OC & One Tree Hill ARE.

I'd also be happy with Peyton Place but I'm guessing they'd never spring for an older black & white show.

• Members

How many repeat marathons does Daytime have? I remembered when GH had like 3. AMC - 2. DAYS- 2. YR - 1. OLTL - 1

It seemed everytime I tuned into SN they were showing GH. Right now OLTL has the best individual line up on Sunday mornings, although they're being bumped on Wednesdays 9pm to midnight. DAYS moving to late night smacks of sabotage.

If this keeps up there will be no reason to have SN anymore.

Archived