AMC: Monday

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Uptown Ryan

Wow so it looks like Ryan wants to take Greenlee to the Uptown part of Pine Valley after finding out that she does indeed want to be a part of Spike's life! Sheesh I just wonder what it will take to make Greenlee call it quits and to say she is no longer fighting for a baby that she definitely abandoned? Maybe when pigs fly and that would mean the president, Rosie O'Donnell, Roseanne Barr, Donald Trump, and a couple of LAPD officers would be in the sky singing HIGH HO THE MERRY O we are piglets! I am just shocked that out of the entire episode he did not pull his bug eyed stare! Hmm who knows maybe Ryan actually got a look at two elephants making whoopie and making a mini elephant with big Dumbo ears ready to go fly over to Russia to make it warm...yep that would be something that would take the ferret face look off of his face. Or I bet that Ryan got a glimpse of a pyramid made out of silicone and that would give a new meaning to a breast lift! Yep a lot is at stake when Ryan gets the ferret face look out of his eyes and sees things that he ordinarily does not see and that could also be Elvis Presley doing the moonwalk and having a little bit of play time with little children in the process...it looks like Elvis has left the building and gone to Neverland! Ouch watch out everybody because this is worse than a terrorist alert. Then again Super Ryan can eliminate terrorism...just scare them with his bug eyes! Put them to use for once! Who knows it could make him so popular

• Members

Why the hell didnt Kendall bitch slap Greenlee into next week? oh and she was such a bitch to Di. Di should have smacked her up too

I find it funny that Fusion needs Babe. Im glad she's back there though bc I missed her around even though I hated her there for most of her run. I do like the dynamics when all of those women are together

• Members

Hey, CZ *huggggs* It's been way too long! :)

LOL, noooo she doesn't. I won't say that it's not an anomaly, but I haven't gone completely to the dark side. I was figting the urge to root for Babe to have Greenlee "dance" particularly because it was another ridiculous Babe saves the day and is the light moment; I didn't just give in. It's the custody suit (and the whining)! Babe = Ever so Slightly More Tolerable Than Greenlee this week. It'll pass.

• Members

First -- MCE should've totally been cast as Greenlee. Sabine ain't cuttin' it. I feel like I'm watching a character named, Sabrina, Sandrene, Serena... not Greenlee. She just doesn't look nor does she act like what the show and the viewers have come to know as "Greenlee." And then, to top it off with Fake Flashbacks every six seconds only solidifies it for me.

No matter how much NewLee hate I have, nothing will make me roll in a mud bath with the pig.

Is it wrong that I get all tingly and swoon every time I see JR's faux attacker? :ph34r: He's kind of Noah-esque.

Anyway, where was I...?

Oh. Right. No Foolia baby. Oh, well. Lamie couldn't keep a rock garden alive.

Anyway, I have to co-sign on the Ambyr praise. She's grown immensely. Colby's outfit was cute today, too.

• Members

I have to disagree with everyone that says that Sabine isnt cutting it as Greenlee. IMO, she's the perfect recast. She really slipped into the role well and I totally see her as Greenlee. I wonder if some people's view of her is biased bc they plain hate her bc of the way the writers are having Greenlee act towards Kendall, Zach and everyone else. I wonder if Sabine would be more accepted if Greenlee wasnt such a hateful, spiteful bitch. I think she's doing great with that and makes a great bitch. Greenlee is the best thing about the show and I love the ripple effects that her return has had on the character she's involved with. I hate Greenlee but Im loving Sabine in the role and I find her intriguing, interesting and she makes me want to watch what she does next even though she's messing with all of my favorites. She is bringing out the best of those she interacts with and I love seeing the snarkier sides as they try to combat her presence.

IA, the flashbacks need to end bc it forces people to make unnecesary comparions and doesnt do Sabine any favors. To her credit she was not around for any of that stuff and its all being pulled randomly across footage that aired over the years so there isnt any emotional investment in them. I dont think recreated flashbacks would work even if Rebecca returned for that reason. They were great in the moment but going back after so long, it just doesnt have the same connection bc not only have we viewers moved on from them, the actors have as well and nothing beats the original.

I also originally thioguht MCE shouldhave been broguht on as Greenlee but Im glad she wasnt bc I love her indepently as Annie. I think had she come on as Greenlee, she would be getting the same criticism that Sabine is getting. Its a lose, lose situation. She's come a long way and really came into her own as Annie. I love that character and love that she has been able to be paired with Ryan without all that baggage that Greenlee had. MCE and CM have chemistry and it wouldnt have worked if they had been Rylee the sequel. That would have been a huge mistake

Bottom line is Greenlee isnt supposed to be a likeable character. She's written as a bitch for a reason and Sabine is doing her job bc she's gotten people to hate Greenlee. The writers have gone back to her roots and we are seeing classic Greenlee here. She isntantly became one of my favorites when she first came to PV and I think thats why Im enjoying her so much. She's much more fun this way than as the sweet nice heroine. She's a vixen at heart and she owns that. I say you go bitch, you're fierce! (thanks to Sapphyri from Charm School for that line...lol)

• Members

Cheap I pretty much agree with your post. I still have a few issues with Sabine as an actress but she certainly makes me believe she is Greenlee. I hate Greenlee and what she is doing but I can't look away. She is like a trainwreck in slow motion I guess. :lol:

• Members

I hate NuGreenlee aka Whinelee. I can't envision Rebecca Budig making the character so whiny and completely unsympathetic, which is why I think Sabine is miscast.

As for the episode, I loved Sean/Colby, Adam's reaction to JR's "kidnapping", Jack pointing out how Ryan is mainly responsible for the destruction of Rylee, and Kendall choosing not to ignore Whinelee. I was also disappointed that Kendall didn't smack her. Hopefully she will soon.

Count me in as someone who was rooting for Babe over Whinelee, but I don't like the idea of Babe working at Fusion again. Imo, she never belonged there.

I hope Julia gets a new man and a story of her own when Sydney returns from maternity leave.

• Members

LOL, Hi Angela! Great to see you, even in a moment of Babe-love.

I have to agree that the re-shot flashbacks aren't doing NuGreenlee any favors. If you were invested during that time, they make you miss Rebecca Budig and invite comparisons that are never going to give a fair shake to the recast who had to do them after the fact and missing original elements. If you weren't invested during that time, the flashbacks are just going to be an annoyance.

I'm a very casual, very occasional watcher, and at the moment NuGreenlee is just sort of there to me. Although when I saw her with Kendall, I did miss the borderline-inappropriate perfect chemistry the original had with Kendall. During their whole triangle with Ryan, the only angle that interested me was the relationship between the women. I hated them both with Mr. Lavery.

• Members

After watching a few minutes of AMC yesterday, I sincerely hope Kendall is not going to base her arguments on the fact that Greenlee abandoned the child...

Hello!!!!! That JACKASS Ryan pretended to drive off a cliff to avoid being a parent, but he gets a free pass and a second chance? He's a terrific father?

And Kendall is surely an idiot because she does not seem to grasp how Greenlee felt to learn that K was the bio mother of that child. She really is stupid... Kendall continues to spew that Greens abandoned the baby and that Greens didn't come home during the killings. Why int the sam hell would she come home? So that ACS could put a bullseye on her back too? That makes no sense.

Kendall is a stupid creature more times than not.

Greens won't get that child, but it will fun to watch her make ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzendall squirm a bit.

ANDREA

• Members

Ryan may have pretended to be dead but he didn't abandon Spike...he has been an active part of Spike's life since he was born. That is why Ryan gets a free pass. (I can't believe I am defending Ryan. LOL)

Greenlee hasn't been an active part of Spike's life...Greenlee needs to get off her high horse

Archived