For the last time FIRE.....FIRE ...FIRE JEAN PASSNANTE AND CHRIS GOUTMAN

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The numbers are just bound to get worse if you ask me.

Nothing this pair is pushing certainly makes me want to consistently watch.

I am almost wishing Cady hadn't signed on to come back. She is in a world of character assassination.... again.

• Members

I honestly don't get what's so wrong with them. They give basically everyone in the cast time to shine, although carjack aren't together now, they're obviously the rooting couple...the stories are good for the most part. I think that there are way worse writers around than this duo.

• Members

Parker, Faith, JJ, and Sage are like Jonathan Jackson's Lucky and Amber Tamblyn's Emily on GH back in the Claire Labine years, when those two also drove key strands of story. The actors are talented and engaging. The so-called 10-year-olds are NOT the problem. It's going to be great watching them grow up. In my opinion, the actor who plays Parker would get an Outstanding Younger Actor Emmy nom if ATWT wasn't already loaded with great younger actors and thus would probably not prenom him until a couple years later.

To me the problem is too much of boring, judgmental Jack (and Katie -- but I sort of view her as a supplement to judgmental Jack). Why is Michael Park leading the airtime for this year when Carly wasn't even on for three months?

I agree that a writing change needs to happen, but I also agree with psychofan that there are worse writers out there and the show is not in a horrible place right now. I'm enjoying it. I want them to fire Passanante if they're hiring someone with a good understanding of character like Richard Culliton -- not just to change things up as a desperation move.

• Members

She still should be fired or given a co-head to work with who understands the show more and wouldn't wreck long-term characters (oh hi Adam! Nice to see you come out of hiding... no, Jean is still here) or change other characters' behavior just to fit a story.

That said, she hasn't approached Ellen Weston Meltdown Territory. What Ellen did with Ben Reade on GL was worse than anything Jean or Jim Reilly could have ever dreamed up.

• Members

I'm nearly resigned to letting go of ATWT and GL. I hate to say that, since I've been watching since the age of 8 or so. I'll watch as long as they're on, but my hope that they can be saved is fading. The numbers just keep sinking.

Archived