For the last time FIRE.....FIRE ...FIRE JEAN PASSNANTE AND CHRIS GOUTMAN

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree put Meg back with Dusty. They had lots of chemistry. When they were on the ratings were much higher and their breakup was well done. It reminded me of Carly and Jack. Instead, they broke them up to put Dusty with boring Jennifer. The ratinss started going down after that. Put Craig with Lucinda. They have so much history together.

Meg and Paul are boring together. The role of Paul needs to be recast. I never liked Roger in the role.

• Members

Anna!!!! Is it really you? :wub: I agree about JPiss. Goutman I wholeheartedly believe should move to GL. He's been at ATWT too long and he's bored with it. He needs a new challenge IMO.

How about Ed Scott for EP & Lorraine Broderick or Carolyn Culliton as head writer? Just keep Jackass Smith off this show- if you think JPiss ATWT has been dark, Jackass won't even use lighting in his stories.

I totally agree with that. What particularly annoys me about JPiss is she's brought on some characters that I liked and even loved very quickly- yes, I'm talking about Meg & Gwen. But then once the fans get on board with them, she goes & ruins them by watering both of them down and compromising their morals & integrity, particularly in the case of Meg. Meg & Paul was just a bad idea from the start- hell, I'd rather see her still desperately trying to get Dusty to notice her than having giggle time with Todd Manning Paul.

Gwen actually whines now. She b!tches, moans, but takes no action regarding her life. This is the girl that raised herself and has lived on her own since High School? Methinksnot.

I love your optimism, but we've been screaming this sh!t since about July of last year and it's only gotten worse. ATWT is a show that has always built an audience by the quality of their writing. Looking at the history of their ratings, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that when the ratings went down, poor writing was the direct cause.

NOOOOO!!! Are you F-ING KIDDING ME? :angry: :angry:

I say, just fire Valentini, and leave Higley as HW, with Carliavati as her co-head.

Yes. It's that bad. Hackley may be the new wave, but JPiss invented Libidozone. :mellow: Nuff Said.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jun 8 2007, 08:20 AM)
Unless we hear something soon, CBS is planning on cancelling ATWT and GL. In one year they've gone from a 2.7 (beating mega hit GH) to a 2.0 and nothing has been done? This should be emergency time and that writer should be GONE. No way you lose that many viewers if you're doing the right thing.

I said when they won the Writers Guild award that Passanante wasn't going anywhere. Sad thing is that LUKE's story got them that award and they don't even write for Luke! Sick! It's been six months and what would Van have to submit for the Emmys? Nothing.

Does CBS even have a backup plan for getting rid of ATWT and GL(i.e. new soaps/gameshows/news programming)?!

They can't just get rid of those shows without having something to replace them.

• Members

Ok.. :o I only say that because JP was good with a strong Co-Head Writer, Hogan. We dont know how Ron is and we have never seen Dena with a really good Co-HW. The main reason JP sucks is because she got tired. Once she took over a HW, she was going strong and she ran out. That's why Co-HW's are needed. Like I said, Ryan broke this down on In The Zone.

• Members

Jean I believe was co-HW in name only with Hogan. She was Co-HW with Agnes Nixon for a year prior to taking over and AMC was awesome then.... because Agnes was the one steering the ship. As soon as Agnes handed the reigns over to Jean, AMC went 100-0 in no time flat. I have never seen AMC in rougher shape than it was under JPiss.

And now she is doing the same thing to ATWT. I have not see anything you'd call quality soap opera on ATWT since Jennifer's death. Even at that time it was slipping.

• Members

Mind you Hogan's last year wasn't anything spectacular but it was ten times better thns this crap she is spweing now. Was the babyswitch a Hogan story? Because ATWT was awesome during that last half of 2005 and the first part of 2006. As soon as we had Emily holding Dusty hostage that's when the rails began to come off IMO!

• Members

Oh yeah LOL it was ridiculous and plot driven as hell but yes superb performances! That's what made it quality.

I think cast morale with the show has got to be low because they just do not seem as into it. The same thing was happening on AMC the last couple of years. Now that the hack McTavish has been fired the cast seems rejuvenated. Writing changes always do that!

Jean Passanante, Megan McTavish, Dean Higley and quite a few others need to be rounded up and shipped to Hack Island where they can write all their stories and present it to apes. Even apes though may have enough intelligence to knowtheir stuff is crap too though, better stick with presenting it to the trees. :lol:

Archived