Kay Alden to B&B?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B&B needs a new voice who can hopefully utilize more of the cast, but I wanted Alden for ATWT or most importantly, Y&R. If true, this makes me even more worried if Latham gets replaced bc likely it'll be another newbie. Still, good news for B&B, just bad for Y&R fans.

• Members

Kay could be a good addition, what B&B really needs is a good integration of new characters, which Alden could help with. B&B to me hasn't been the same since 98, they phased out too many non-Forresters that year and things were just different.

Eh, if Alden's going to B&B, is it too much to ask that Y&R gets Smith back? I never thought I'd say that . . .

• Members

This is great news for B&B which needs a writer like Kay at its helm.

I only hope that Y&R entices Jack Smith, Ed Scott, etc., back to the fold, or maybe promotes Nancy Minardi Slater.

Wonder if the Kay Alden move is a precursor to Brad Bell moving to Y&R as HW? If so, I don't envy Y&R. I'm not sure Bradley's got the consistence, depth and patience in him to write the "real" Y&R.

• Members

Embedded above is the quote "entices...Ed Scott...back to the fold..."

This is consistent with a raft of online rumors I've seen that Ed Scott is canned. But, for such a major event, I've seen no major press coverage. Apparently the last SOW, in it's Buzz column on Page 6, referred to him (in an item on Judith Chapman) as "(former producer) Ed Scott". I haven't seen that, but if that's true, that's the only firm press quote I've seen.

Elsewhere, there was a claim that SID said Ed Scott was fired, but I haven't seen that either.

IS THIS CONFIRMED? Is Ed Scott definitely gone? That upsets me, but I can't get too mad till I know for sure it's real.

Don't you think EXISTING folks at B&B are going to get mad about being kicked to the curb for all these Y&R refugees?

Still, I'm starting to hope that Y&R legacy characters and Y&R creative staff SHOW the world what they can do, and make B&B #1. That would be cool :-)/

• Members

Well, the B&B writing team used to be VERY tight. For years there was just Brad Bell, under which Jack Smith and scritpwriters Teresa Zimmerman und Tracey E. Kelly were working.

Smith went to Y&R, Zimmerman got promoted and left/was fired and since 2005 Brad has slowly enriched his writing staff with more and more former Y&R scribes.

I already thought that Janice Ferri Esser being named "storyline consultant" along with Jerry Birn when the show already has to associate headwirters that Brad might be thinking of taking some time off. He's been headwriter for nearly 15 years which is a lot. With Kay Alden this would definittely be an oppurtinty for Brad to do those outside projects he's been thinking about and publicly mentioned at B&B's anniversary bash.

Now Kay ALden - hopefully this is true - just needs to snatch up JEss Walton and Peter Bergman for B&B and my world be in eternal harmony. LOL!

Archived