Y&R: Is Ed Scott gone?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Do the Bell's have any creative control left on this show? This is an atrocity.

If its true.

Melody Thomas Scott just re-signed for another 3 years didn't she? I am sure she has outs. She should just asked to be released then if this is what is going on because Latham clearly does not get Nikki's character at all. Can't you just imagine the turmoil if Melody walked off the set oooo...

• Members

MTS must be loving her current storyline! Who wouldn't? I know it's not exactly Nikki, but hell, it's one of the better storylines that she's had, IMO, and it's about time she was a focus again. Sadly, I'll take what I can get. At least she has a storyline.

• Members

The eldest Bell child is employed with Sony I believe.

Lee Phillip-Bell is credited at B&B: Director of Special Projects/Long-Term Story Advisor

I would almost say that would be for Y&R as well!

• Members

William 'Bill' Bell Jr. is head of Bell Dramatic Serial which co-produces Y&R along with Sony and Corday...

DOn't think that Lee Phillip Bell is still long-term story-adviser. Last time I read this was a couple of years ago. But one never knows since Brad Bell should talk to his mom every once in a while - one should guess. Even if she's a meddling mom like Stephanie Forrester. LOL!

The Ed Scott-news blows. LML better keep MTS (although I don't care that much about her and/or Nikki) happy because otherwise she'll leave Y&R as soon as her contract is up, I guess.

Y&R is now officially taking over by incompetent forces of destruction and will never be the same again. I guess my often used "threat" to stop watching this show is getting a clear end date for realization...

• Administrator

Are you SERIOUS???!!!

Anthony Morina is not even a contract director and HE is the one who gets promoted to Producer? What about long time directors like Noel Maxam, Sally McDonald and Mike Denney? I bet those three are pissed off.

Wow, Y&R used to be a show where they promote from within and respect their long time crew.

This is what happens when newbies run the show. Y&R has lost its roots and identity and history.

• Members

Dear God! Y&R is falling down heavy! I'm glad it's happing now... it's time CBS realizes LML is doing sh!t out of Y&R. Too many people have quit working on Y&R and I think many more will. I hate this situation and the only thing I'd like it LML out of the way, and Trent Jones, James Houghton, Kay Alden, or someone else to return. If it's possible.

If they don't fire LML by the end of 2007, I wouldn't be surprised if for the first time Y&R wouldn't be the leading soap opera.

• Members

Things keep getting worse! Obviously they are pleased with Latham if they are still allowing her to fire everyone who knows the show. Since ABC foolishly passed on Kay Alden, they need to get her back.

Sadly, Latham still gets lots of praise so despite the ratings tanking, she will stay. I hope B&B can pick up Best Drama/Writing at the Emmys. If she wins they definitely won't fire her.

Archived