DAYS: The week of June 4

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe MrsM is right and June 4th will be a phenomenal week. It must be pretty good if Willow is dying and Stefano making his return. The more important question is, can the same be said about "week of June 11th", "week of June 18th" and so forth? As May 7-11 and December 26-29 showed, Hogan is capable of isolated quality. His problem has been sustaining the excitement and momentum over a period of several weeks/months. I believe it will take 2-3 months of consistently good material for the ratings to show meaningful improvement.

• Members

My belief is that Victor has been tracking Philip's every move to locate Shawn and Belle. First to assure that Philip stays safe and next, to grab Claire. If that is so, then he would have professionals in the area where the boat went down and they most likely did find Claire and turn her over to Victor. Victor was disappointed to hear Philip talking the way he was today and then opened his heart to him about how important Claire is to him. He will work on Philip, but I hope Philip stays clearheaded and sees to it that this mess is straightened out properly. Then, I want the writers to find an intriguing woman for Philip who will learn to really love him.

• Members

If Phillip (JKK) stays around for the longer-term (more than just 6 more months) than I'd agree, give him an intriguing romance with a complex woman. I'd like to see a May-December romance with him involved. But since everyone one older on the show is pretty much related to him it would have to be a new character and I don't advocate that. Instead, I'll take my may-december action in the for of Kate and Max. Fans could call them Mate.

• Members

Sustained quality wouldn't be the Days I know. They're good for 3-4 weeks at a stretch, max, and if they play the returns right they might get a tiny ratings bump (I don't think anything will bring them up meaningfully or permanently). They need more promotion, though. During SSK it felt like Days was all over the place. With this I don't get that same sense.

I hope Victor has Claire because then it wouldn't be the Dimeras. My only beef with the story is it's getting to be a bit like the stupid neverending kidnapping crap in that it should've been over weeks ago and yet here we go with another stupid twist.

Phillip can always get with Celeste.

• Members

I'm strangely REALLY optimistic and excited about the show from what I've seen in the spoilers for the week of June 4 and next week too, which is odd for me when all I have been doing since January is complaining about how much the show sucks.

thanks for the positive post MrsMahaney!

• Members

Thanks for the heads up MrsMahaney! Looking forward on watching that week.

Sorry but I don't agree. I really liked most of the show between JER and Hogan, just before Hogan got on as HW. Plus I really liked the week of Lumi's wedding. Yes, there's been some really low times lately, but unlike quite few other people here I don't think the show has been that bad if you sum it all up.

• Members

Well, I still think the original post in this thread is a bunch of editorialized rehashing of other spoilers... I just finished watching Tuesday's episode. It was by far the best ending the show has had in years. No cliffhanger, no big impact and no major twist.... why was it so great? Because it was a shout-out to fans everywhere that the axis has changed and the show is trying.

So, what did the scene show? Bo finding Hope in the hall way and asking about John. Hope says, see for yourself. John and Marlena walk into the hall and John makes a bad joke at Bo's expense. Then he walks up and hugs Bo. The show ends with the fab four together again in the hallways as it fades to white (only thing that ruined it was the stupid special effects ending on John's face).

This ending was a clear sign that the showrunners are trying to tell the viewers that she can expect to see the fab 4 in action this summer.

Archived