ATWT: Thursday Discussion

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Pretty good show today, not great but not bad either. Highlight of the day was the Carly and Gwen scenes, I always enjoy there scenes together. Also enjoyed JJ and Jack's talk. The worldwide stuff was also good today, but we need to get moving with the storyline, it is moving way to slow. Balance was a bit of a problem today, but not as bad as it could have been. It was also nice seeing Tom and Lucinda today. I also loved the chemistry between Lily and Craig, very intense. I also like how the worldwide storyline is going more towards being about Lucinda getting what she wants instead of Paul, because really Paul does not need to be in this story, this is Lucinda's company it should be her that schemes to get it back.

• Members

Let me start with the positive....today was the first time in a long time I liked Gwen. Thank God Gwennie didn't get back on that high horse she's usually on around Carly, and kind of related to some of Carly's life. And Carly listening to Parker and Sage was so sad!

Liked parts of the Jack/JJ talk...can't stand that Jack is just shoving Katie down his kids' throats.

Even liked the Lily/Craig/Lucinda stuff. How typical that Lily just expects Craig to hand over the company and offers her friendship in return. LOL...

NOW...the bad...

***wwwwhhhhooooossssshhhhh...*** That's the sound of TAIC sucking up to Paul Leyden and continuing to sacrifice characters on Simon's altar in hopes they can lure him back. GMAFB...Carly didn't want to leave him, but he insisted? Whatthefuckever!!! Why can't TAIC just have Carly admit she realized she didn't love Simon, and let it go? EVERY time Carly holds Simon up as some kind of hero, it perpetuates the idea she put a man ahead of what was best for her children. UGH!!!!

Speaking of propped...there's Katie. Anyone else goggle in amazement that Mike "held off on the divorce" so "he wouldn't hurt her anymore than he already had"???...OMG. She cheated on him, and it's his fault he left! Gosh...I'm surprised Katie didn't go to the bathroom and slip out of her undies so she could go straight to Jack and hump him within 20 feet of his children. Next...Katie takes Carly's kids to the mall, and buys them all "Mommy and Me and Me and Me" t-shirts. I. HATE. KATIE.

• Members

LOL. Simon is THE BEST thing that ever happened to Carly and I'm glad they didn't destroy him for CarJack's sake. Thank God for TPTB. It was so comforting to hear Carly say those words.

And to answer your question about why they didn't have "realize she didn't love Simon" SHE DID LOVE Simoe. Plain and Simple. Its not that hard to understand. They loved each other and they could have had a great life together. But Carly realized that she needed her children and went back to them. AND I can totally believe that Simon would let her go after PL last visit to Oakdale.

God I feel so warm now after watching today's episode! Great day of ATWT.

They basically think it was all about sex cuz God forbid that Carly ever get over Jack and move on with her life.

• Members

For the last time, everyone needs to respect each other's opinion. You don't need to belittle others for thinking differently. This is the very last time I will say something to this affect. If I receive another reported post about a situation like this, warnings will be issued.

Nice to see you posting again P.J. :)

• Members

But is what I said really that far from the truth? I mean from what I've read since I've been a member thats basically what you all believe. That Carly was filling a void and that she didn't love Simon. I mean am I wrong or have I been reading something completely different.

And fyi I was only informing the guy of what anyone can clearly see is the general consensus on the board. Its not "belittling". You're entitled to your opinion but if you're going to accuse me of belittling then I can say you're belittling all CarOn or Simon fans by disregarding Simon as some mistake. I was laughing because most people assumed that of course Carly was gonna dump Simon like a piece of trash and go running back to Jack and the complete OPPOSITE has occured. I just find it comical since I've always believed that Simon is a good guy and that he would always do right by Carly because shes the love of his life IMO. I wasn't trying to make your comments any less valueable (although I don't agree of course and I don't think they're trying to lure PL back).

However if you don't think Simon was a mistake and that he and Carly wasn't just about sex like I know others think then I apologize to you P.J. But that is the impression I've gotten from you and other posters and I'm not going to hold it inside when someone asks a question.

As for the rest of the show Lily and Craig was very good and I wasn't even expecting it. I thought Lily's request was laughable from the previous days previews and I thought it would make Lily look so stupid. Yet she came out looking very smart and strong. Not to mention classy which is what I've always loved about Lily. And while I like Paul and Meg teaming up with Lucinda to bring down Craig I'm glad they're moving away from that. Meg came too close to be raped by that monster pig and I just want them to get married already.

Carly and Gwen was really sweet. Love that sister relationship. Jack's reaction was priceless...lol. If hes so upset over Cleo I wonder what would happen if Simon came back to town. He'd lose his mind I think.

• Members

I fell off my chair when she said "I'll wait until Simon says it's OK" or something along those lines.

WHAT THE HELL?!?! She's been abducted by aliens!!!!! The REAL Carly Tenney doesn't let a man tell her what she will and will not do.

I wish they'd drop any mention of Simon altogether. Have him dump her over some new girl, or have her leave him because she NEEDS her kids and can't stay on the run forever.

I'm getting the tissues ready for a Parker/Carly reunion. She'll reach out to him and he'll probaby shut her out... *sniff*

Moving on...

WHY must everyone suck up to Katie?!?! Ugh. I want evil JJ back!

• Members

The writing for Carly really stinks and the version that we've been watching for the last couple of years has strayed soooooo far from her roots that she is hardly recognizable. Not only would she have put Simon in his place she most likely wouldn't have taken up with him in the first place.

I don't remember JJ as ever being evil but the writing for him has also taken a nose dive. Are we susposed to believe that this kid has completely forgotten Julia( his mother), that he has gotten over losing Carly and is now joining the Katie team. WTH is going on, if he wasn't evil before he sure as he!! should be now. It would be much more interesting seeing him act out along with Parker but for different reasons.

• Members

I think there point was that the Carly of old would not put up with a man telling her what to do, and I totally agree with those statements, from what I can always remember Carly does what Carly wants to do and ain't nobody going to get in her way of doing it, so in that respect yes the writing has changed for Carly. Also the writing always had Carly only really caring about Jack, everyone else was always just a fling, her heart is with her G-man and that will never change, that is unless of course the writers decide to change Carly some more.

• Members

In this case though her entire LIFE is on the line and shes in a relationship in which she trusts her significant other so I can totally believe that she would listen to Simon in this ONE matter. It doesn't mean Carly is all of a sudden a weak woman who can't follow her own heart and make decisions on her own.

Plus I like character development and for me CarJack while sweet and has a lot of great history I think CarON was deeper and I believed it more than I did CarJack. It just gets boring after a while seeing Jack made out to be the perfect guy. I don't hate CarJack but its run its course IMO. A character shouldn't be doing the same stuff all the time from year to year. Especially if its a relationship that really seems more destructive that productive.

And I'm sorry if it seems like I'm talking ONLY about Simon/Carly/Jack. I'm just responding to the comments in the discussion. What are peoples opinions on the Luke/Maddie storyline? It seems like Luke is kinda depressed about being an errand boy.

• Members

^^^no worries, Dusty.

Didn't Lily look nice today? And what a surprise to have Lucinda pop in towards the end. They usually don't do that. JPiss must be gearing up for June sweeps! LOL...

Archived